Question for California Cleaners

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Is the current drought having an impact on hot water extraction cleaners. I know that there are all type of conservation issues about watering lawns ect.

I ask because I live in Arizona and will probably be dealing with the same crap in the near future. Getting ready to buy a new truckmount and am thinking a good VLM and a portable might be a better choice is water usage is become an issue.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I'm not hearing any impact really from any of our customers, nor do I foresee any. When you think about it, the amount of water used for a whole house extraction would compare with the single daily bathing requirements for a typical family. Any restrictions would probably be self-imposed by individual people's own views on the matter. (which indeed vary widely, depending on the political take you might have).

Many people in California are convinced that while the drought is indeed a reality, restrictions and emptying reservoirs are largely a contrivance of water policies that take into account choices, wherein there is room for disagreement.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So far so good- it is not an issue.

Though the last time there was a serious drought here (I forgot, maybe 12-15 years ago) some companies made a big marketing hoopla by bringing their own water.

Wasn't that much of an issue, once it was explained to the client that the water use was the equivalent of 10 - 15 toilet flushes. Never lost a client due to it.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
No problems here. People are not even following the rules here.

I heard about some new story when a couple was obeying the no watering your lawn rule then started to get fines from either the Hoa or the City for a dead lawn. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Lars

Name
Lars
Yeah Travis I heard that also...
your water rates go up when you use more than the allotted amount, but people are not going to forgo cleanliness.
Be conscience, and conserve when and where you can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom