Question For Connor

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A custy had a backed up sink. I stuck my vac hose over the drain and sucked a pile of stuff that was blocking it and a plastic knife out of the drain. Worked perfectly after.
Did I do something wrong? If so - Why?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I use mine all the time in my apartment buildings.
Although there is a slight danger of collapsing a weak pipe.

Once I watched a plumber try snaking a customers bath drain for over 2 hours with no luck.
I put my hose over the drain and all of a sudden it pulled up what looked like a 3' ponytail that had built up in the drain from her waist length hair.

Connor

Name
Connor
KevinD said:

Once I watched a plumber try snaking a customers bath drain for over 2 hours with no luck.
I put my hose over the drain and all of a sudden it pulled up what looked like a 3' ponytail that had built up in the drain from her waist length hair.

Sounds like he was a moron. You had two hours to kill watching a moron work?

Name
Bruce
Connor said:
KevinD said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure he was in the house cleaning , but still funny

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
"3' ponytail that had built up in the drain from her waist length hair."

I'd throw up!

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
jcooper said:
"3' ponytail that had built up in the drain from her waist length hair."

I'd throw up!

nasty,slimey,,smelly,,,i dont miss doing those calls,,,, Lol but nothing is worse for smell then a grease trap!!

Connor

Name
Connor
Jay_wat said:
nasty,slimey,,smelly,,,i dont miss doing those calls,,,, Lol but nothing is worse for smell then a grease trap!!

Except for urinals and the holding tank at a country funeral home.

Most residential drain stoppages are a piece of cake, I don't mind them at all.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I cracked some old PVC pipe at my old apartment attempting to clear a drain with a wet vac.

Connor

Name
Connor
It was already worn out, you just exposed it.

Kinda like when you see an old galvanized drain that's not leaking and you run your hand under the bottom of it and it just falls apart, sometimes the only thing keeping it from leaking is the muck in the drain line.

There are plenty of old cast iron drain lines that start leaking after cable is run down them and it's not because the cable is too aggressive, the pipe is just paper thin.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Connor said:

I was there cleaning the rest of the house. Left the Master bedroom and bath for last.
Just decided to give him a hand to get him out of there. You had to see this thing.
Even the TM only exposed about a foot of it. Had to pull the last couple feet by hand.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Connor said:
It was already worn out, you just exposed it.

Kinda like when you see an old galvanized drain that's not leaking and you run your hand under the bottom of it and it just falls apart, sometimes the only thing keeping it from leaking is the muck in the drain line.

There are plenty of old cast iron drain lines that start leaking after cable is run down them and it's not because the cable is too aggressive, the pipe is just paper thin.

Like the old lead and oakum packed hub joints? That shit broke just looking at it.

Connor

Name
Connor
Ross Buettner said:
Like the old lead and oakum packed hub joints? That shit broke just looking at it.

I never see that, the leaded hubs are the last thing I see go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom