Question for Mytee

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Wondering what would be the down side of use two dual vac Air Hog Plus side by side in a van using a Y to split one hose going to both units for greater lift and cfm? And maybe using higher flow with customer water pressure and propane heat.

Or adding a external pump and a propane heater.

Or maybe using a M5 and an Air Hog Plus or Flood Hog Plus since they both have the same vac set up and the M5 already has a pump wouldn't need the external pump.

What would be your thoughts on this?
Thanks

Timothy

I love that ETM, I do believe it has great potential to be a huge game changer

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Thanks Larry but I'm inerested in the Air Hog or Flood Hogs for portability and to be able to use them in other situations.

I would like to here from someone at Mytee about using these machines side by side.

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeff Brown said:
Thanks Larry but I'm inerested in the Air Hog or Flood Hogs for portability and to be able to use them in other situations.

I would like to here from someone at Mytee about using these machines side by side.

The Air Hog Plus (model 7300) would best 50' to 100' in line with each other. The 1000 psi General pump Water Hog would be killer with this set up. Each Air Hog has a pump out so it would give you options as to where you could dump the waste water. The Air Hog Plus has the same vac motors as the LTD 5 and the M5. You could also do a Flood Hog and an Air Hog Plus as the same set up as the above arrangement.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Thanks, just so I understand, two air hog plus or M5 or Flood Hogs side by side with a Y connecting both machines to one 2" hose would have a maximum hose run of 100 ft.?

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeff Brown said:
Thanks, just so I understand, two air hog plus or M5 or Flood Hogs side by side with a Y connecting both machines to one 2" hose would have a maximum hose run of 100 ft.?

Your welcome. I would NOT use the "Y". Starting from the AirHog go 100' of 2" hose connect the the end of the hose to another (at the rear of the AirHog) AirHog and go another 100' connect your wand or rotary. You can set it up for which ever AirHog you want to pump out the dirt water. In most cases I would use the one closes to the wand.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeff;

The AirHog or AirHog plus has a lift of ~145".

If you want to run two them,

then a series connection would be the best configuration for best performance.

Larry

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Thanks again John and Larry, I understand the best performance for two machines would be in line or in series, but when this is not possible or not desired would not two machine side by side give you good vac at 150 ft. and great vac for portable equipment at 100 ft.?

I know it sounds stupid but I have my reasons for asking.
Thanks

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeff Brown said:
Thanks again John and Larry, I understand the best performance for two machines would be in line or in series, but when this is not possible or not desired would not two machine side by side give you good vac at 150 ft. and great vac for portable equipment at 100 ft.?

I know it sounds stupid but I have my reasons for asking.
Thanks

Here's my question, What you are describingwill add CFM, but when you use a "Y" to what machine does the dirty water go? To both?

If one machine is plumbed to suck from the other machine and the carpet tool is connected to that machine than it would make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something here. I sure I'm not answering the question, I'm just not sure what you're trying to do.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Sorry to keep bothering you about this John and not being very clear,
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about.
That's why I like being able to ask the experts.

What I was think was running two machines side by side either in a van or a central location inside a building.
Each machine would have 5, 10, 20 or 50 ft (depending what workd best) of hose comming from the port of each machine and going to a Y connecting to a single hose that goes to the wand.

My thoughts were that since that will give me a combined four 3 stage vacs that it would increase the cfm and lift a great deal even though I understand it would not be double that of one machine.

I assume a certain amount of the waste water would go to both machines so the pump out would need to be running on both machines.

So I guess the real question is would one machine cancle out the other or would there not be a significant increase in vac with the machines set up this way?

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeff Brown said:
Sorry to keep bothering you about this John and not being very clear,
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about.
That's why I like being able to ask the experts.

What I was think was running two machines side by side either in a van or a central location inside a building.
Each machine would have 5, 10, 20 or 50 ft (depending what workd best) of hose comming from the port of each machine and going to a Y connecting to a single hose that goes to the wand.

My thoughts were that since that will give me a combined four 3 stage vacs that it would increase the cfm and lift a great deal even though I understand it would not be double that of one machine.

I assume a certain amount of the waste water would go to both machines so the pump out would need to be running on both machines.

So I guess the real question is would one machine cancle out the other or would there not be a significant increase in vac with the machines set up this way?

Yes, you are right. By doing what you are describing you would increase your cfm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom