Question for you deep southerners..

Mikey P

Administrator
you guys with your cargo van and slide ins, are you monitoring if the intense heat is effecting the life of your liquid pre sprays, gels, protectors and beer stashed under the front seat?

and how much difference is there temp wise when comparing heat exchangers to fuel fired units?

Tell me why you don't go with something like this to separate at least yourself form the heat and stench?

boxdrv1.JPG

$T2eC16d,!zcE9s4g3iMjBROM2CyM6g~~60_3.JPG

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I ain't no Southerner......but if one leaves "Hell Gell" in the heat too long, it separates. I've lost a couple bottles already.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I am also not a southerner, but it gets pretty hot here in Utah. I use powdered pre sprays because of the extreme hot and colds here. I also have one of Pros choice spotter kits that is insulated that I keep in the front of my van. It does get pretty hot in the back of my van

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when it gets really hot there I have to watch my chemicals a bit closer....not so much effecting the life of them as much as the jugs cracking...about a year and a half ago most switched over to the thinner cheaper type gallon jugs....if it gets to hot they crack.....this problem happens in both the cargo van and the box truck.....

as far as the Heat exchangers......the thermal wave will lose about 15 degrees in the winter because it is working with the ambient temperature outside........summer time sometimes it is hard to get it to cool down..........

the 570 is liquid cooled.....I can hit what ever temp I want and maintain it no matter what the temp is outside.........sometimes it takes some time to cool it back down....

with the waste tank that I am running I have no smell.......but I bought a 12 volt roof vent for it last fall and plan on putting it in before it gets to hot just to keep the air moving...

Reactions: Vincent Feehan

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
That is my next box truck idea. No more California CA number bullshit and still some pretty good real estate to work with. Probably be GMC van with my pro 1200 which will see some modifications too.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would consider that type of truck next time. It's ugly as hell ... kinda resembles your head ... but it would sure help solve the heat and security issues that concern me.

Heat is a killer down here. I believe it is the cause of all my head gasket issues in the past and of late. I have never noticed it having any adverse effect on my chemicals (I can shake up my bottle of Hel Gel), but it affects me. I hate crawling into a 130 cab at the end of a job.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Most well-formulated liquids should handle summer temps (120) with a simple remixing.

The exceptions are all oxidizers and reducing liquids.

Best to keep limited quantities (weeks supply) on the truck.

Larry

Reactions: Mikey P

randy

Name
Randy
I treat the summer time temps like the winter, very little chemical on the truck. Stock for the day.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I ran an air cooled unit with a LG heater for years in a standard van, it was miserably hot to ride in between jobs. I put a partition in my current vans and love it. Pretty much like riding in a box truck now.
2004Chevvan002.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Box trucks don't fit in a standard garage. I know you asked the southerners but they may have freezing temps in the winter or neighborhood thieves.

Able 1

Name
Keith
LOL Shane..
[video=youtube_share;C_0fyUYB3cA]http://youtu.be/C_0fyUYB3cA[/video]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom