Questions....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What makes your clients use your service over services of your competition...?

your tools..your equipment......for instance....do you leave fans...you clean with a rotary..you pre scrub with a 175. Etc...etc...

your education....?

Do you do anything special that your competition doesn't....?

how much competition do you have in your area...

These questions are for Tia's consumer behavior services marketing and business development class...

Thanks......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I know we are a supplier but the same holds true for all of us and is why we survive and thrive in what has to be the hardest market In The country and it is T.H.I.S© Trust Honesty Integrity and Service. Those four things I believe are the cornerstone for any business. When you lose sight of those eventually you will fail and for a business that is being invited into peoples homes there is nothing more important than trust. Even more important then the cleaning in my opinion.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
What makes your clients use your service over services of your competition...?
trustworthy and local. Trustworthy doesn't just mean "don't steal". You can also be "trustworthy" in your pricing. Don't charge them a 100 and only give them 50 bucks worth of cleaning. Trustworthy in the way you act in someones home and soooo on.

your tools..your equipment......for instance....do you leave fans...you clean with a rotary..you pre scrub with a 175. Etc...etc...
Nope

your education....?
very doubtful anyone cares about it(imo). People will ask how long in biz, that's about it.

Do you do anything special that your competition doesn't....?
We actually CARE!

how much competition do you have in your area...
lots -

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We may or may not have a good perception of that.
However, to get the true answer, it is our clients to whom this question should be directed.

So in all your years of business you have never had a client say we like using you over XXXXXXXX because you....??
or because when you clean the carpets dry faster....???

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Some do. Many don't. Some things are not tangible.
My point is that what we think and what really makes a difference for the client may be two completely different things.

To answer your question:
For some it is being on time. For others it is attention to detail. Some women may not verbalize it, however they want to feel safe and not threatened by a man (stranger) in their home. Some appreciate that I take the time to explain everything in advance. For some it is about green products. Others it is honesty and being straightforward.

Never the equipment. Never technical issues.

All in all it is both about tangible and intangible things.

And, John is right.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Some do. Many don't. Some things are not tangible.
My point is that what we think and what really makes a difference for the client may be two completely different things.

To answer your question:
For some it is being on time. For others it is attention to detail. Some women may not verbalize it, however they want to feel safe and not threatened by a man (stranger) in their home. Some appreciate that I take the time to explain everything in advance. For some it is about green products. Others it is honesty and being straightforward.

Never the equipment. Never technical issues.

All in all it is both about tangible and intangible things.

Good answer.........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
So in all your years of business you have never had a client say we like using you over XXXXXXXX because you....??
or because when you clean the carpets dry faster....???

Yes when calling Asa follow up we are told maybe 40 -50 percent of the time that they were very happy with the dry times many of those state that is what sets us apart.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Most of our repeat customers say they like the rotary cleaning over just the wand.

Reactions: Russ T.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Wish i could come up with something really clever to write and make me look smart on the internet...
But we really don't do anything magical, just repeat what i consider the basics. Keep it simple.

Was at the barber the other day and asked him if he had a website? nope
Then asked him why he didn't have something {simple} set up to collect addresses, emails etc. Said he never had to before why should he now...

This was after telling me for 20 minutes how slow it was!

Had a new furnace put in last week, the original estimate was in january. They never contacted me in any way after the estimate no phone call, mail, email nothing. The only reason i hired them was i pass by their shop everyday and just stopped in.

These are basic functions to me and if we just do this you will reach whatever goal you have. IMO

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can only assume the reasons why people use me over my competitors. They never say, and I don't ask. I can only recall two women who have offered their reasons and both said it was because I vacuumed.

I am serious. This was their reason.

I know that doesn't help much.

But, I am not here to help.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My customers love that we use the 360i in almost every home. The pics show really well on our Facebook business page and have gotten quite a few referrals lately.

The Clean Machine

hogjowl

Idiot™
My customers love that we use the 360i in almost every home. The pics show really well on our Facebook business page and have gotten quite a few referrals lately.

The Clean Machine

No they don't. If they are even aware of what tool you use, it's only because YOU make a big deal over it. They wouldn't notice otherwise.

Do you choose your Dentist over what dental pick he uses?

Name
I'm Rick James
No they don't. If they are even aware of what tool you use, it's only because YOU make a big deal over it. They wouldn't notice otherwise.

You pretty much nailed it..

Mikey P

Administrator
Typical reasons when we ask..

highest rated on Yelp, yes.

vacuum, yes.

can be trusted to be left alone in the home, yes.

don't look like criminals, yes.

Spots dont come back, yes

quick drying, yes

offer more than one method or service, yes

Answered the phone by the 3rd ring YES! Thanks Full Circle!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

I do make a big deal about it but I also take pictures during cleaning. The ladies on our Facebook page really like the pictures. You cannot get the RESULTS I'm getting without using at least a power head. I'm convinced the 175 might be even better for scrubbing but I'm getting better and better with the Rotovac. The reasons Mike mentioned above are definitely important but right now we have been having fun getting some of the best RESULTS I ever have. Rotovac just shows well. We do prevac now and focus more on shortening dry times. All extremely important. I'm not sure the comparison with the dentist fits right...but maybe. I feel like we put on a bit of a show for the customer and they are eating it up. It really stems from really believing in our product. We are doing our level best to improve all the time. Maybe I'm rambling now...

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
buvudyta.jpg
y6uqynap.jpg
ehega7uh.jpg
utatu3uq.jpg
qu5u9uba.jpg

Just some recent pics.

The Clean Machine

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
It is not the gear, they do not know the difference between an AW29 and a Prochem wand. How many customers have asked you "Is that a Bane Clean or a Vortex in your truck?"

It is not the process, they do not care as long as the carpets are clean. How many of your valued customers even watch you as you work?

A pretty web site and nice reviews get them to call. My team at Full Circle does a fine job of getting the jobs booked

At the end of the day, myself and my guys are the reason Mrs. Finkelgroover keeps calling back. Friendly smiles, cheerful personalities, and dashing good looks put my clients at ease as we invade their homes. We spend enough time in the home to do through work and justify our high prices.

Everybody loved Norm, the previous owner of my business. Even with his splash and dash ways using illegal south of the border help everyone loved him. He was a good looking man with the gift of gab. His work sucked but they thought he was great - Quality perceived is quality achieved!

Reactions: Art Kelley

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
How about new clients, that don't know how great looking and extremely charming you all are? The website is SO IMPORTANT and I'm sure Full Circle is ALMOST as good as having my wife schmooze them over the phone. I was just mentioning those pictures from the 360i cleanings because they have faired pretty well with us recently with the ladies on Facebook. If the tools really didn't matter, we wouldn't have much to talk about on here. They may not know exactly what you are doing but if you are using quality tools with quality technique, it will pay off. We are just having so much fun right now. I've always had to grow very slowly, still do, but it's nice to be able to get some of these new toys to play with and hopefully give us a competitive edge. I will probably drive a new tech NUTS in the Spring...

Russ

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
View attachment 3141

Another one I've posted to FB recently to educate people on what makes us DIFFERENT from all the other Bozo's out there...none of you guys I'm sure ;-)

Russ

Lonny

Supportive Member
Anyone remember when razors only had one blade? Now they have, what is it 5?!?! Do they shave any better than the single blades? Pretty soon we will have the Rotovac 13th Warrior, 13 vac slots, 13 jets, and moves at 1000 rpm!

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom