Quick books on 2 computers....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So as i am getting this thing setup, i need to transfer info from my current program to QB...Data entry blahhhhhhh

anyway we are heading out of town, and this would be a good time for my wife to do it...while driving.....

so i want to put it on the laptop as well, so she can enter it, and then when we get home, save to a drive and then open on the PC...

is it pretty much that simple??? Anyone done it??

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
You can create a back up of the company's data on one computer (put it on a thumb drive )and restore the data from the back up on another computer. As long as QB isn't being used on 2 computers at the same time, it is very easy to move the data as needed. You will get conflicts and missing data if changes and new data are added on both PCs and then tried to sync up without a multi-user program.

Becker

Name
Becker
carpetcleaner said:
You can create a back up of the company's data on one computer (put it on a thumb drive )and restore the data from the back up on another computer. As long as QB isn't being used on 2 computers at the same time, it is very easy to move the data as needed. You will get conflicts and missing data if changes and new data are added on both PCs and then tried to sync up without a multi-user program.

perfect answer..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
QB has it own online support fourm.

QB is great software but, it was better 15 years ago. Back then it had payroll built in with no extra fees.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I switched to QB's Online a few years ago.

Now it can be accessed from any computer w/ an internet connection. Also, the program is always updated by Intuit, it's fully backed up at all times and my bookkeeper has her own username and password.

Think it costs about 30 bucks a month. Highly recomend.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
George III said:
I switched to QB's Online a few years ago.

Now it can be accessed from any computer w/ an internet connection. Also, the program is always updated by Intuit, it's fully backed up at all times and my bookkeeper has her own username and password.

Think it costs about 30 bucks a month. Highly recomend.
That is what I use for mine, I can access it from any computer, always backed up, and I can also access it thru my phone and send invoices and such from my phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom