Quick video tour of my Powerstroke PTO

Name
Jesse
Thanks for posting that. Couple ??

-Does that controller only work on Diesel?
-Your tensioner on the blower belts pushes down, did you change that? All 3 of mine lift.
-What year is that van?

Thanks

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Thanks for posting that. Couple ??

-Does that controller only work on Diesel? (The Instruction manual states 7.3 Diesels only, but there may be one for the Gas models, Just call ford and ask if they have a "Aux Idle Controller for your model") It litterally takes 10 seconds to install, just plug it in and its all ready to go), it even has 12v supply to send the signal to your clutches relay.
-Your tensioner on the blower belts pushes down, did you change that? All 3 of mine lift. Yes I changed that, i just changed it to a flat belt idler from Tractor supply. This is the only way you can run smaller pulleys on the large blower to over-drive it without it slipping.
The belts also must be GATES GREEN POWER-RATED, they are MADE for back pressure applications. Those belts have been on this setup for over a year now, running that 56 at 110% its RPMs, at 16hg. They show ZERO signs of wear.

-What year is that van? 2000

Thanks Your Welcome

ii

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Impressive.
I wish I had the mechanical your skills.
I though a PTO ran off the transmission and Direct drives us a shaft.

Name
Jesse
"power take off" fits both as far as most people are concerned. When i ran a dump truck years back it meant "pull this out" to me

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Yeah It is "Direct Drive". PTO just sounds... cooler :headbang:

This installation took minimal "Engineering", Especially with the Axillary Idle Controller I got from ford. That thing is the Cats Azz... Installs in seconds and also adds safety features,
Like if the Van some how popped out of gear it shuts EVERYTHING off.
It will also kill everything if the truck over-heats or loses oil pressure. Really gives me peace of mind during these super long hose run jobs.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Huh, when I called Sapphire and asked about the logistics of moving a pro 1200 into a newer van the told me it would be about 5,000 for a new front end kit.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Well, thats a much more complicated system than simply adding the shaft In-Line with the existing serpentine belt.
I would have loved to add an additional pulley to the front of the motor and have the PTO its own front belt.

But its not possible with the Powerstroke Damper Pulley.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well, thats a much more complicated system than simply adding the shaft In-Line with the existing serpentine belt.
I would have loved to add an additional pulley to the front of the motor and have the PTO its own front belt.

But its not possible with the Powerstroke Damper Pulley.

DAMN...now you tell me......!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
looks great!!

keep us posted on how well it works and if there are any bugs you encounter.

i think it a huge plus that you went with a ford pto controller as that takes care of a bunch of safety and operational worries right from the start.

again i really like it good job.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Yanked the pro1200 this morning!
View attachment 1104
View attachment 1105
View attachment 1106
View attachment 1107
tupu6a9e.jpg

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Note I swapped the tiny WM hx for a Butler HX

Also, this blower is QUIET!!!!!
I got the blower up to 4100 rpm, and couldn't even hear it over the sound of the powerstrokes turbo whistle!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom