Quickbooks Online vs. Quickboooks Desktop

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
just curious about how you handle your accounting these days and not to mention the paperwork that comes with it including gas receipts and supplier invoices.

Are you using another application for customer database? If so, how much linking did you do with them?

What changes would you like to make to your current procedures.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Desk top currently cloud based might be work it just for the back up. I'm already paying them for the backup service, might as well move to the cloud. What's the price difference?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
huh? what does that have to do with Quickbooks online vs desktop?

Pros and cons to both and capabilities, customer management, paper management. In a office as a whole they all go hand in hand. What you link together as far as accounting, customers and paperwork.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
That's where I'm at Marty. Bank accounts download to QB desktop, Service Monster to QB but I'm a Mac user and that ads extra steps because QB isn't supported the same as in Windows version. I'm horrible about doing it because it's all such a pain. My head is organized but getting it done, well that's another story....

Reactions: KevinL

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Always have to make trade offs, its really specific to your situation.

We use QB online and have it synced with amex to take a picture of receipts and it drops right in QB.
But QB is not synced with crm currently.

To me thats fine but might be annoying to others.

Reactions: Dan

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We use QB desktop. SM does not work with QB online.

I am currently looking for another program.

I am tired of not being cloud based and the security risk we have with all our information on a laptop.

I also want better multi truck tracking from SM. One simple question I would like to ask is how much does a truck earn each year? You can track a tech but not a truck. It also does not give you a daily view of what you will be billing. adds in estimates to the daily dashboard so your daily billing looks inflated.. you can not see what you have booked for the next 7/30 days. I would like to know number of jobs and $ value.

Several other programs integrate with QB and have better dashboards. They also do text and email auto reminders for service visits.

SM staff I have been a big supporter don't want to hear it. Tired of the slow running on a regular basis. I know they are an advertiser but this stuff has been a problem for years. Not a low blow just the truth to what many here experience. The great marketing tools can only hold you up for so long.

You can go on the QB/intuit site and they will give you a list of programs you can use for scheduling. We are not switching as of yet due to the pain it will no doubt be. We need a year off from major changes.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah. I enter 30 to 40 prospects in each month due to Welcone Wagon move ins and they show up on my dashboard as the number one source for NEW CUSTOMERS.

Reactions: TomKing

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Thanks for the ideas. I get so far behind because I dread the data input, syncing, filing and I if everything isn't balanced perfectly across everything I get hellbent on figuring it out. I guess if I stop trying to sync SM and QB I won't know about any errors.

Mike, are you finding that the QB online has what you need and just don't like the user interface?

Tom, so if you're not liking SM what else is on your radar?

My thought process at the beginning of all this was switching from QB (Mac) desktop to online and if not then updating to the current desktop version but I'm on QB 2013 for Mac so it's not like I'm way behind.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Thanks for the ideas. I get so far behind because I dread the data input, syncing, filing and I if everything isn't balanced perfectly across everything I get hellbent on figuring it out. I guess if I stop trying to sync SM and QB I won't know about any errors.

Mike, are you finding that the QB online has what you need and just don't like the user interface?

Tom, so if you're not liking SM what else is on your radar?

My thought process at the beginning of all this was switching from QB (Mac) desktop to online and if not then updating to the current desktop version but I'm on QB 2013 for Mac so it's not like I'm way behind.

Dan its not that I do not like it. It has served us well we are just outgrowing it. I have a couple things we are looking at. Not really ready to make a recommendation.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Tom,

you can not see what you have booked for the next 7/30 days. I would like to know number of jobs and $ value.

I use " job orders by job date" in the miscellaneous reports

Probably my top 5 report-- how much work $$ in the pipeline.

Just enter week out, month out, Infiniti ...

Reactions: TomKing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom