Quickbooks or alternative

Andy12

Name
Andy
I just started my janitorial company and have use some Microsoft Invoice templates for my customers.

I have heard of Quickbooks , any comments (pro and cons)on the program.

Is there a alternative to Quickbooks.

Thanks for your time and help.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have used Quickboks for 15 years ( IN AUSTRALIA ).

I like it because it is computer dummy friendly.

My accountant also has no problems with it.

I also use it in conjunction with Quicken's Customer Manager, which is like a diary for keeping all your booking in, a data base of customers, a forward planner that allows me to pre-book customers in advance, so many ways you can vary this program.

And easy to use.

Because of my location, I do NOT use the "cloud" version, too many hills and valleys where reception is not available so I would not even be able to print an invoice.

I have it installed on my laptop with a portable printer as well as an eftpos machine, but the eftpos is also limited in certain areas.

When I am in a situation like this, customers can do a direct deposit into my account, details of which are on my invoice.

There are many others also available in the 'states, including MYOB.

There are also some dedicated programs for carpet cleaners, etc;

Do a search on this forum for the others.

Shorty.

PS::: But? Ubu did not sit. Ubu just stood there with a frisbee. Ubu is a bad dog.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i am in the middle of trying something new....

my program i have been using...is screwing up when i try to mark payments off, on a few where i have multiple invoices for 1 customer (a few commercial accts)

sooo

crave invoice

or crap cant remember the name....but you can access stuff from your android/i-phone...dunno how much..but some...

but i like shorties idea with the customer program to...

Andy12

Name
Andy
Thanks to all the good response, I’m looking to purchase quickbooks pro 2012.

Doug, I would like to know about the program that you can access with your iPhone.

I have to check if quickbooks offers something similar with the IPhone.

Thanks

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have I believe 2009 or 2010 and it has been the only program I have used.

The things that piss me off about Quickbooks:

There updates have taken away my QB home page(weird I know, but when I called(it took 45 minuets to hear this) they said I had to pay for any advice and told me to get 2012 I've seen Jimmy naked ). Then I uninstalled the program, and reinstalled it (and I clicked the update by mistake) no home page. Then I uninstalled it again and reinstalled it and took the update off my new computer... GOLDEN!

They will also not let me email invoices unless I update to 2012 which is total BS(now I have to send them by PDF)!! I might be looking for something else. Seems to me they can control when you buy the new program by making things not work on you 3 year old program. would the real rob allen please stand up?

Just like everything these days no one wants to build a quality product cause then you go too long between purchases.. QB has really hit a nerve with me..

It really is a good program, but it seems they might be getting greedy..

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
here is the problem.....

you have to pay for all of them just about every year...

the one i was using still had you pay a % for the updates

QB well we all know

invoice 2 go... same $100 a year

service monster is the min $50 a mth....

all that i have checked on, you have to pay anytime you update....and some like QB make it more difficult.....

granted yes they need to make money for their R&D...but sometimes no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you! no won ton soup for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom