Quickbooks or Quickbooks Online?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We currently run Quickbooks and use them for payroll too (Intuit). I have the software installed on my computer and it's time to upgrade (My version is Pro 2013) .

Costco has a great deal on QuickBooks online but I'm hesitant to make the change. Since we are moving the office offsite, I like the idea of being able to access QB from anywhere if I need (especially if I have to do payroll remotely one week), Right now I have to use a program to log in to my computer remotely (Log Me In) and it's a PIA.

We also use Service Monster, so I want to make sure the data from SM imports to QuickBooks Online as easily as it does with my QB 2013.

Anyone using QuickBooks Online? Any issues with that and SM compatibility?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My CPA use Citrix Remote access and takes over my PC when he needs data that is too large for a flash drive. Gotmypc I think. ???

You might check it out.

Mrice

Name
Mat
I'm torn too. I'm a Costco member but didnt know there was an online deal...do you mind mentioning what it is? :-)

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Sure. It's on the Costco Website.

http://quickbooks.intuit.com/micros...0&cid=retail_costco?&COSTID=SERVICES_BUSINESS

upload_2015-12-7_20-24-2.png

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
More and more software is going online / cloud based. Our CPA never had a problem with data from 5-6-7-8 year old desktop software. Feels like a cash grab on the part of developers with monthly subscriptions. Just go to the intuit site and try to find qb software for your pc. It's there but you have to hunt for it!

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Our CPA swears by the desktop version, we are in the cloud. Don't think we'll be switching to desktop even though he wants us too.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had another experience here yesterday...

Network down in the entire area for most of the day....

Would have been killer for us to get to the data in the cloud I am afraid....

Now keep in mind....this is an experience which occurs maybe for us remote guys more than others...

Even had a gas station couple weeks ago that couldn't get their internet to work so they could take credit cards....found out after I filled up...good thing had cash in the pocket that day as was not carrying a check book either...

That is my only worry going all cloud based for me...

Reactions: Shorty

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I'm doing the free trial right now for QB online and so far I really like it. It's so easy to use. I've not started linking it to my bank yet or tracking expenses, just getting a feel for the basics. It has all the features I am currently looking for. I like cloud based programs and thankfully I am not in a remote area. If it goes down for some reason you can always do the paperwork and add it once back online.
I am a security freak and I do at times worry about the Internet ruining the world so to speak, so I'm vacillating about going full on mobile, but I don't want to work all day and then have to come home and do a ton of office work, I've got enough other things to do!
My question is, is there a way to back up all of the QB online data to an external hard drive and update it every day? If so, it would be ideal I think.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I don't know, I sure know I wouldn't let Intuit have any access to my bank account. Luckily they F'd it up before they were able to steal my money out of my account.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have concerns about any cloud system for my area.

We have a lot of tight valleys where TV reception is never really good, mobile phone even worse.

Then we have our 6 month wet season, during which, cyclones develop & we could be without power for a week.

Don't know how the cloud would cope with this.

I currently have desktop Quicken on my laptops, but want to go to a Tablet & cloud in 6 months.

I'm also fairly computer illiterate, only found out today what wi-fi and cellular meant. :frown:

Time will tell I guess. :dejection:

:yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
my accountant is recommending qb online. if you do the math, in Canada, to buy a desk top version, it is about $300.00 to $500.00 depending on what version you need. Then you need to udate every so often and after 3 years or so, qb stops supporting it so if you want to install it on a new computer, it gets pretty complicated if not impossible. qb online will always be updated and the monthly fee will equal the 1 year purchase cost of a desk top version. So you never have to install a new program and can access it from any computer. Have no idea about the security.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
my accountant is recommending qb online. if you do the math, in Canada, to buy a desk top version, it is about $300.00 to $500.00 depending on what version you need. Then you need to udate every so often and after 3 years or so, qb stops supporting it so if you want to install it on a new computer, it gets pretty complicated if not impossible. qb online will always be updated and the monthly fee will equal the 1 year purchase cost of a desk top version. So you never have to install a new program and can access it from any computer. Have no idea about the security.
I love the layout of it and ease of use. And my invoices are really nice and clean looking.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Here's the Aussie deal.

upload_2015-12-22_16-31-46.png

:yoda:

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-22_16-31-13.png
    upload_2015-12-22_16-31-13.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 200

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Why not? Is there something I need to know before I go full on with QB online?
My Gopayment account was hacked at the beginning of November. Currently up to 17k in fraudulent transactions that Intuit is trying to get me to pay back. I'm confident that it is them that caused it.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Kellie said: ↑
Why not? Is there something I need to know before I go full on with QB online?
My Gopayment account was hacked at the beginning of November. Currently up to 17k in fraudulent transactions that Intuit is trying to get me to pay back. I'm confident that it is them that caused it.

Ohhh crap... :eekk:

Reactions: Kellie Hiler
Name
I'm Rick James

The cloud base software is the future.. not just in our software, but everything is going cloud base. The new movies and video games are already like this, sure you can buy the physical CD in the store but that is a dying breed. The companies make more per user off the cloud base, so you can see why they want people to switch over.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
we are also thinking about going online, as i can make invoices at the job. Also so i dont forget something. I worry about the laptop breaking or hard drive going bad. and even with back ups i still worry.
also we are going to quarterly taxes this year so im wondering if i can give my accountant access to the system so she can do what she needs to when she needs to without having to go see her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom