Rainbow international on undercover boss

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If I was starting a plumbing business and didn't know crap id pick mr rooter. My friend had a plumbing business here and still does but added a mr rooter to his existing business for service calls. And loves it. Makes lots of dough. He uses his other one for new construction and such

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I looked at the listing, didn't know what Dwyer Group was, so wasn't interested. I've seen other shows and concur with Jerry though I think some of these guys honestly did learn something.

Those service professionals cover more than 1,600 franchises for seven brands in traditionally male-dominated trades who make some 2 million service calls each year. For Dwyer-Owens, the reality show was a front row seat to see how customer service and a corporate culture built on a code of values were being embraced at a grassroots level.

"This episode ranks among the most powerful and moving episodes of 'Undercover Boss,'" said Chris Carlson, executive producer of "Undercover Boss."

The show promoted the story of a woman in a man's world, showcasing Dwyer-Owens on a riding lawnmower, unloading a water heater, installing commercial exit signs and repairing a stove among the many highlights. In a unique twist, Dwyer-Owens also was paired with a female service professional in one city who, like the CEO, proved great at her job. She called it one of the best surprises in her undercover adventure.

"Working undercover with Tanna showed me that there is a huge opportunity out there," Dwyer-Owens said. "I have a vision to see more women in the trades."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420797 ... rylink=cpy

I can't watch the episode online since "the video I requested is not allowed in my geographic area"

along with the 9% you had to also pay a territory fee that was based on the population of your so called protected areas that other Rainbow franchises were not allowed to work in.If your population was under 100 thousand it was $50.00/ week over 100 thousand was $100.00/week in addition to the 9%.That so called "protected territory" was a joke cuase i had a problem with one other franchisee doing work in my area and when i went to Rainbow they said it was a gentlemans agreement and they really could not do anything about it.They really didn't care cause they were still getting 9% of that from him.But before they told me it was a gentlemans agreement they told me i could have a sit down with Don Dwyer if i drove to North Carolina where they were having one of their so called rally's.So i did drive down with another Rainbow franchisee from my area only to be blown off by Don but also to be told to contact his legal dept which was a part time paralegal that didn't know anything.As for their cleaning chemicals you had to buy from them according to the contract but they didn't accept credit cards & all orders were cod so someone had to be home,
plus if they were out of anything you had ordered they never informed you so you didn't know it until you got your order which usually took over a week to get.When i went to Waco to train they were teaching to shampoo and scrub with the powerhead and then rinse with that little 6 gallow 100 psi extractor that they overcharged you for,while everyone else hot water extracting already.Their technical dept was staffed by ex rainbow carpet cleaners that coundn't make it cleaning so they became technical experts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom