ramps

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
does anyone have a ramp on their van that they use for their 175? My heavy beast is starting to wear out my back. Looking for ideas.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Shane T said:
http://www.discountramps.com/handicap_ramp.htm
A friend had one like this, used it to unload the cimex, worked great.

That is what I was thinking about. I was looking at the motorcycle ramps and they were too narrow. $62 is a great price too.

I was looking at the spinlife website Connor, but I couldn't find what I was thinking about.

John Watson

I went to Sears and bought a set of ramp ends for $25, went to lowes and got a 12 ft long 2x8 and cut it in 1/2 on a 45 degree angle. less than 40 bucks store easy could use a 2x6 and buy both at Lowes...

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Charlie Lyman said:
[quote="Shane T":2afkhtlh]http://www.discountramps.com/handicap_ramp.htm
A friend had one like this, used it to unload the cimex, worked great.

That is what I was thinking about. I was looking at the motorcycle ramps and they were too narrow. $62 is a great price too.

I was looking at the spinlife website Connor, but I couldn't find what I was thinking about.[/quote:2afkhtlh]
You would need to buy one of the longer units, they cost a bit more. Use an old piece of plywood to try different lengths with you van to find what suits you.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have the same one that Shane posted, it's lightweight, easy to store away, and great for big bulky items like Dehu's too.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Made mine from two boards and some ramp ends? that you attach for the lip from menards.

Fred Homan

I have 2 - 7' 4" wide aluminum channels. Works great. Space accordingly. Check around for a metal supplier. I think I paid $120.00. You really a need 7' piece. Six foot is too short/too steep. Slide them into a piece of pvc bolted to your ceiling in the van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom