Rant: Let me know when you arbitrarily cancel a day's work!

Bob Foster

Do this place on a regular basis but they recently hired a new maintenance man. I go to do the lobby and a bunch of other work (about $750 worth that was scheduled on the site) and booked out the whole day for the job.

Bust my ass and get the lobby done, get cars moved to place my van for access to the rest of the job and he informs me "that's it for today..."

I looked at the guy and said based on what you wanted done I booked the day out for you and now its impossible to fill it with other jobs. You just cost me around $750 in lost revenue. The look back from him was like "oh really?" but not really appreciating or caring what that meant.

I then had a conversation with the general manager of the business (we get along great and have for years) . She was a little pissed off and shocked at what he did and immediately comprehended the consequences to me and told me to bill her for lost revenue. I said no I can't do it because she was a very good customer and suggested that she either clue him in or work this like we did before between her and me because we both thought it worked well. She agreed and again offered to allow me to bill her and I said no.

It wouldn't sting so bad if I hadn't booked the next 5 days off for a dive trip up North. And on top of it my regular personal vehicle is in the shop today during the time I was supposed to be working. Not to mention I took 4 days off last week for my TextilePro workshop.

DammmiidddT! :x

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Rant: Let me know when you arbitarly cancel a day's wor

Good thing your wife has a real job

Be sure to make please her tonight..

Bob Foster

At least my usual three times... somewhat amus

hogjowl

Idiot™

I feel your pain man. Fortunately, things like that don't happen too often, but isn't it amazing how they always seem to happen at the worst possible time?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Bob
I'd call your friend back apologize for even bringing it up to her. She shouldn't have felt the pressure that she owed you for your lost time.

To be pissed is understandable, I would be too. However I'd never let my client know or put any burden on her especially when it's out of her control.

You know better how you left it with her but I wouldn't want her last impression of me being angry over money I thought I should have made that day.
:|

hogjowl

Idiot™

I suspect Bob has a rather close relationship with his customers, Taco. Maybe a bit Warnerish at times, but he probably knows his customers ... unlike you huge mega-dudes who just count the money and listen to the phone calls your girls take.

I hate you ... !gotcha!

Bob Foster

I appreciate your point Richard.

I wouldn't normally have approached most customers this way but we know each other very well and it came up directly when I had to explain to her why she could put her car back in front of the other building exit. She was holding the spot for my truck because even she was expecting the work to be done.

She has always been totally on my side. I have had dealing with this man over the last few visits to the buildings and he doesn't get it. He needed a tune up that could only come from her.

No worry, its all good. She has already emailed me and re-booked the work.

Bob Foster

Marty said:
I feel your pain man. Fortunately, things like that don't happen too often, but isn't it amazing how they always seem to happen at the worst possible time?

Not to worry, finances are in excellent shape and I'm definitely not starving.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Good!

Yea he has no respect for you, I know the type. He's probably bothered that they don't pay him to do the cleaning.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

unlike you huge mega-dudes who just count the money and listen to the phone calls your girls take.
That's Ken and Bryan, if I'm counting the money it's to see if I have enough to pay the bills.

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Bob Foster said:
Marty said:

Not to worry, finances are in excellent shape and I'm definitely not starving.

"Pfred"...on Bob's pUtEr."

Bob Foster

Doc Holliday said:
Good!

Yea he has no respect for you, I know the type. He's probably bothered that they don't pay him to do the cleaning.

I think your right Richard.

I get the impression he thinks I am overpaid and doesn't appreciate why I do the things I do because after all its just carpet cleaning and I'm a janitor with a suck mop.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yep seen that kind many times.

I think it's because they really are a jack of all trades and carpet cleaning seems easy to them.

Throw in a bit of jealousy and him wanting show you who's in charge at "his" property too. :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

Bob as you drive home everyday , stopping at intersections waiting for the RED light to turn to GREEN.
Your thoughts are always about that new maintenance man.

You hear him, whispering under his breath.......JANITOR.
The sound of his voice gets louder and louder....throbbing in your head....unable to concentrate
Unable to think clearly.......now.

The light turns GREEN and all you can think about is KILLING this new maintenance man.

KILLING HIM
KILLING HIM
KILLING HIM

NOW

You long for the days when life was much simpler driving around in your honey dipper truck emptying
Port A Potties all day long , nobody talking to you.
You miss those days where your only friends were the TURDS....deep down inside of........THERE.

But those days are gone now Bob.

And you know what you have to do .....NOW.

KILL HIM
KILL HIM
KILL HIM
KILL HIM
KILL HIM

NOW!

Bob Foster

Re: Rant: Let me know when you arbitrarily cancel a day's w

I'll have you know I was a high-classed turd herder. Just treatment plants and septic tanks - no portapoties for me.

Kill him

Kill him....... :x :x :x :x

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Bob Foster said:
At least my usual three times... somewhat amus

If you would just do it right the first time... !gotcha!

Was the dude an attorney??

I hear they don't like carpet cleaners.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Re: Rant: Let me know when you arbitrarily cancel a day's w

If you think about it, even now his only friends are turds.

But, we're high class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom