Raptor Hose is Pathetic

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The dreaded black death visited me today for the very first time. Never had it happen before and of course it sucked. Got everything cleaned up quickly and put a field end on after hacking off 10 feet of hose.

What really sucked was the hose had only been in use for 3 months. I guess Raptor Hose just aint worth a damn. I got 300' of it that I'm scared to use now.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm stickin' with the Neptune....never had a problem, and I've overheated it more than a few times.

I have three hard years on my steel braid hose I bought from Interlink and it still works like new. I always hook to the machine and carry the hose in. I think it has something to do with the quality bend restrictors on the hose. We pressure wash, clean tile, and run this hose hard. Still works great.

Now I have had to replace these cheap ass quick connects like 50 times. :evil:

It's so dang frustrating when you are on a job hustling, you grab a tool, hook the hose up, and nothing. Then you have to do a repair in the home. It sucks.

Who can recommend a decent quick connector for me and where can I purchase them?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
I have three hard years on my steel braid hose I bought from Interlink and it still works like new. I always hook to the machine and carry the hose in. I think it has something to do with the quality bend restrictors on the hose. We pressure wash, clean tile, and run this hose hard. Still works great.

It's so dang frustrating when you are on a job hustling, you grab a tool, hook the hose up, and nothing. Then you have to do a repair in the home. It sucks.

Who can recommend a decent quick connector for me and where can I purchase them?

Parker always had a great connector, whether they were brass or SS. You can expect to put out close to or over $20 a set.

Look up your local Parker dealer.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
rwcarpet said:
danielc said:

Parker always had a great connector, whether they were brass or SS. You can expect to put out close to or over $20 a set.

Look up your local Parker dealer.

Sorry....just looked them up. In the $60+ range for SS. $40+ for brass.

RW I asked my supplier about this recently. They said they were forced to buy cheap crap because no one wanted to pay more for a decent connector. The problem is cheap springs and o rings.

Thanks for the tip.

I will gladly pay 40 dollars for a product that will hopefully last more than a month.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
You can get the SS's from Joe... I usually get a good deal.
My local Prochem supplier gave me the same answer: "most
cleaners are to cheap to pay for the good ones... so I do not
have them in stock." Joe will also sell you the O-rings
and a chatchamacallit tool to change them.
Luis

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
RW I asked my supplier about this recently. They said they were forced to buy cheap crap because no one wanted to pay more for a decent connector. The problem is cheap springs and o rings.

Thanks for the tip.

I will gladly pay 40 dollars for a product that will hopefully last more than a month.

Dan....my local Parker guys always stock them, but his biggest customers are for hydraulic oil purposes (construction equipment, backhoes, shovels....).

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Good quick connects will last a very long time. The biggest issue is the o-rings. It takes less time to change an o-ring than a quick connect. I bought a hundred o-rings and change them out when needed. Usually 30 seconds or so.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
danielc said:

Thanks for the tip.

Thats a load of bull. I quit carry the cheap stuff years ago.Customer had asked me one day "John if these are crap and the Parkers are better why do you even have these in here if you don't think I should buy them". If you sell cheap crap then it means it is ok to buy cheap crap. I wasnt' ok with that.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
danielc said:

Daniel go replace your hose now. Don't wait go replace it. 3 years is way to long. Your asking for a problem. you should change your main hose every 600 hours or once a year. You can save that hose for long hose runs and only use it outside of you like but the first 150 should never be older then that. Just is not worth the risk for not only property damage but the physical harm it could cause if you burn yourself or a customer or their children.

Good advice.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
classy operation you have there, leaky cheap ass connectors, worn out 3 year old hose, and an astro with a broken fuel gauge and noisy fuel pump....

:p

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
classy operation you have there, leaky cheap ass connectors, worn out 3 year old hose, and an astro with a broken fuel gauge and noisy fuel pump....

Omg the astro was me not daniel. Haha and btw i bought a new transit for the girls.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Sorry Daniel. Just having a little fun. Seems like there's always something breaking down or about to anyways. I know I have one machine in pieces at the shop, another that needs a time-up, and another that I have basically given up on bothering to fix. That's not to mention all the little repairs on the vans that I haven't had time to deal with.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Just so you know, Hoses, QC's, O-rings and accessories are usually way cheaper at your local "Pressure Washer Supply House".

I go to Chappel Supply.

Just so you know.

FredC

Village Idiot
joeynbgky said:

Omg the astro was me not daniel. Haha and btw i bought a new transit for the girls.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

pretty sure you are considered the same dude for the purposes of this forum...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom