Raptor or Gecko for wood floor cleaning

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I was at a presentation today of Basic's Coatings Tykote system.

They sell a machine that is basically a mini walk behind floor scrubber. ($2,600.00 retail).

I was thinking of using an op machine with their main cleaner (ITF)
then follow by a raptor or gecko at very low pressure with the neutralizer (Squeaky) metered at the tm

Question, will they leave the floor dry if it's the brush attachment vs the squeege?.

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
just use an op pad to do the pick up

a guy that owns a wood refinishing supply store here locally said stanley steemer just bought a bunch of those raptors for residential wood floor cleaning

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
SS must have had the same thought as me. I'd rather rinse with water then the op for the neutralizing step. According to the salesman SS uses this same system. Your local guy must have got tired of paying the high price tag.

thanks,
Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Don't use the tykote.... or any moisture rinse.. Wood should not be cleaned with water.. water and wood floor simply don't go together. You are much better off useing a product like Bona. Its a non residual neutral pH cleaner. spray on with and bonnet over the wood to pick up the soil or use a floor machine and a white or red pad and follow up with an bonnet to get all of the moisture. You won't harm the finish, and you will restore the sheen in manyh cases.

Back
Top Bottom