Rated 100 % Superior.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
That is my rating on consumers CHECKBOOK and Angie's list. Just put this in my windows in my office will see how this goes . who cares!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Is this free or did you have to pay for the rating- I am asking seriously not questioning your quality at all. Not sure exactly how they work though am getting pushed hard by AL to advertise. Never heard of checkbook.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
No I did not pay. Angie's list wants me to advertise and give there members A discount . I refuse to advertise and give a discount , and Refuse to pay for a rating. But what I will do is play on there marketing I have made A 6 by 4 foot banner of there award they sent me and put it on my office. And I thank God every time I see there TV ads that tell people how grate I am. A costumer said I was on consumers Checkbook and sad I was rated Superior 100% buy all 12 people who rated me that was 6 more then AL and he gave me a copy of it and you can't pay at all to be on it there is no advertising. I think it has something to do with consumer reports. All I know is 17 people have rated me 100% Superior. I am just going to play it for all it is worth, For me this has always been the hard part telling people how good I am so about 24 years ago I stopped trying to tell people how good I was. Thanks for asking Ken.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Super Jim, smart marketing for sure. I have been really targeted by AL the last few weeks~ the adv prices are ridiculous.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We have over 50 reports/reviews on AL (3 years w/ them, 2 years w/ the feature paid listings), 2 years in a row w/ the super service award, coming up to $10k of costs in the 2 years contract we've been w/ them. Last year our ROI was good w/ them, this year (or new annual contract) has been very very poor. As soon as the contract is up I am not renewing. And don't even think of trying to reduce your monthly cost/membership w/ them, they'll make it very difficult, if you cancel you need to pay 30% of your remaining contract charges.

What gets me is you can spend $3-$10k/annually with an advertising co that advertises they screen contractors that must maintain a high report record. Well the average consumer spends less than $100/annually w/ AL, but an AL member will leave any review up by anyone (even if they did not do the job w/ you).

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
tmdry said:
We have over 50 reports/reviews on AL (3 years w/ them, 2 years w/ the feature paid listings), 2 years in a row w/ the super service award, coming up to $10k of costs in the 2 years contract we've been w/ them. Last year our ROI was good w/ them, this year (or new annual contract) has been very very poor. As soon as the contract is up I am not renewing. And don't even think of trying to reduce your monthly cost/membership w/ them, they'll make it very difficult, if you cancel you need to pay 30% of your remaining contract charges.

What gets me is you can spend $3-$10k/annually with an advertising co that advertises they screen contractors that must maintain a high report record. Well the average consumer spends less than $100/annually w/ AL, but an AL member will leave any review up by anyone (even if they did not do the job w/ you).
Do you find AL customers are price shoppers looking for a deal rather then quality ? AL tells me the average AL member has a household income of $100,000 A year.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jim Nelson said:
tmdry said:

Do you find AL customers are price shoppers looking for a deal rather then quality ? AL tells me the average AL member has a household income of $100,000 A year.

No, about 90% of them aren't looking for a deal, they are the more affluent clients, they'll spend the $. However, that is only so good if you get jobs from them.

Last year we did a little over $16k w/ them, spent $3k.
This year we've doubled our budget, and we are currently in the negative, but we received many more reports, awards, KMA!

I have 3 remaining months w/ them, it's been a nightmare trying to get the sales guy to call or email us back (those guys have a high turn over too). Going to call the manager tomorrow and see if we can cancel w/out the cancellation fee or at least reduce it till the contract is over. The sales guy was no help, told us nothing he can do about it and that we "signed a contract". no won ton soup for you!

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Just went and did a 5 min pee clean up in a home day care for free . 5 min cant see charging for this. This is how I service my people. I clean for this lady all the time carpets are never dirty. she gets Teflon ever time small FR,Hall, LR stairs. It is so easy to clean to I lowered the price from i forget what to $300.00 each time. She says how much is that, There is no charge Carmen it's part of my service. Sure it would be nice to have my min. $125.00 but it is nice to do something for others.

dday

Ken Snow said:
Super Jim, smart marketing for sure. I have been really targeted by AL the last few weeks~ the adv prices are ridiculous.

How much are they asking you to pay up for an ad, Ken?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
In my area it is around 10 cents a member give or take.

Becker

Name
Becker
Consumers checkbook is a great tool for consumers.

Ive got 23 100% ratings as of the last update. April 2011. The online reports will be updated soon.

Love getting calls from users of the online source or from the magazine published a couple of years ago highlighting carpet cleaners.

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Nelson said:
That is my rating on consumers CHECKBOOK and Angie's list. Just put this in my windows in my office will see how this goes . who cares!

LOL.. its true guys I just drove by his shop on the way to a job and its right there in his window. I tried taking a pic as I drove by but it didn't work.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Caduceus said:
Jim Nelson said:

LOL.. its true guys I just drove by his shop on the way to a job and its right there in his window. I tried taking a pic as I drove by but it didn't work.
LOL...You could not stop and take a pic?

Name
I'm Rick James
Jim Nelson said:
Caduceus said:
[quote="Jim Nelson":2d3ntzvh]That is my rating on consumers CHECKBOOK and Angie's list. Just put this in my windows in my office will see how this goes . who cares!

LOL...You could not stop and take a pic?[/quote:2d3ntzvh]

I tried, but with the delay I got a pic of the place next to yours. I didn't want to stop because there was a cop there on the corner...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom