Re: Part Time Weekend Janitorial

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Got this reply from a craiglist ad today:icon_rolleyes::

Could you please explain what a MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK requires? No misdemeanors, No Felonies in the last 5 years, 7 years, 10 years. No traffic tickets in your lifetime. No past due child suppprt? No defaulted student loans either federal or personal. Have excellent credit? A credit score above 600, 700 or 800. There is too many things as an employer wants or needs nowadays to be a good fit for the job. Especially for a Part-Time job. Please be more specific in your ad.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike- i can somewhat see his/her point if that is what your ad actually says. There is no "passing" a background check. A check is a check that gives you data, how you or someone evaluates it could vary greatly as the types of background checks do as well. Sounds like he or she was calling you out on that and not necc worried about what they have on whatever check you might run.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sounds like trouble, is he from Topeka?
Most Likely Richard

Ken, Your on crack if you think that is a normal response.
I get 10 times more replies for the janitorial ads the carpet cleaning techs. Of the half that follow the basic instructions in the ad of attaching work history average previous employment is 6 months. I guess I should toss the dice on someone and stop looking for an ideal candidate.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Most Likely Richard

Ken, Your on crack if you think that is a normal response.
I get 10 times more replies for the janitorial ads the carpet cleaning techs. Of the half that follow the basic instructions in the ad of attaching work history average previous employment is 6 months. I guess I should toss the dice on someone and stop looking for an ideal candidate.
Hire the best you can get but make it a probationary period. Most problems rear their ugly face quickly, at least they do for us.. If they are good take good care of them, pay them more but give them more responsibility to lighten your load. Owner op you have so many hats to wear, break off pieces to give you a break. Oh and watch those Topekans! ;)

"You have to get the right people on the bus, then they have to be in the right position and then the bus needs the right direction."

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I didn't mean it was normal Mike- I only meant he may have been just calling out the lack of info. If you had said "No criminal record & valid license with 0-2 points maximum" or whatever ur criteria is then it would be clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom