Real Estate website are invaluable for giving estimates...

Mikey P

Administrator
Over the phone or through emails.

So often pictures from the last sale transaction are saved on sites like Zillow, Redfin, Trulia and Realtor.com. Usually you'll find photos of every room and from multiple angles..

I usually ask permission to do this as it's sort of creepy..

I gave a phone quote yesterday while I was driving for $350, when I got home and looked at her home on Trulia I realized I was about $90 too low. I sent my prep letter with a new itemized estimate.
She was fine with all of it and requested the carpet be protected as well after reading about the service in my prep letter..

Can you eyeball square footage is the question?

Yes Marty, I'm the man.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I use all those website to get to know the neighborhood..i dont feel weird at all as i prefer to charge em accordingly... I want all the money that i can get...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Been doing that for a long time now. And I look up the name to get to know the customer before hand. Interests, politics and hobbies so you can smooze them.

steve_64

Over the phone or through emails.

So often pictures from the last sale transaction are saved on sites like Zillow, Redfin, Trulia and Realtor.com. Usually you'll find photos of every room and from multiple angles..

I usually ask permission to do this as it's sort of creepy..

I gave a phone quote yesterday while I was driving for $350, when I got home and looked at her home on Trulia I realized I was about $90 too low. I sent my prep letter with a new itemized estimate.
She was fine with all of it and requested the carpet be protected as well after reading about the service in my prep letter..

Can you eyeball square footage is the question?

Yes Marty, I'm the man.
I don't answer the phone while I'm driving.

I give phone quotes but all are just estimates. Prices may change upon inspection.

I don't prejudge my customers. I go in cold so it's all new upon inspection.

I don't care what the dogs name is I want it out of my way. I don't want to be their friend. I'm there to do a job and not be a phony idiot.

Not sure what made you adjust your price but what if you get there and the place smells like piss? Do you adjust again? My visual inspection the day of cleaning is what I base my price on. I've looked at jobs then go back 2 weeks later to clean and they trash it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Honesty can do that to you.

Genny asked, who has time for all that! We barely have time to send out invoices after the work is done.
It's as easy as looking up Google maps. Google the address and any real estate listing will pop up first. Note the sqft and click on map and Bawb's your uncle.

steve_64

It's as easy as looking up Google maps. Google the address and any real estate listing will pop up first. Note the sqft and click on map and Bawb's your uncle.
I've looked once or twice. It didn't help me.
People pull carpet or only want a couple rooms done not the whole house.
Giving a firm price on the phone usually screws me not the customer. Now I give the price before I clean it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom