Recoil over the Recoil

hogjowl

Idiot™
The first person that I can remember who started bad mouthing the Recoil was Mikey. Then this board started filling up with bad comments regarding the machine and the term "Resoil" began being used to discredit it. From my experience, I suspect that much of this negative atmosphere regarding the Recoil is simply bulletin board driven (piling on effect ... being one of the guys) and probably is way over-blown.

I have always said that I can clean a carpet using a portable just as well as I can using my TM.

It would simply take me longer.

Not to mention the customer laughing me out of the house on occasion.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Well sai Marty. I may be naive (in fact I know I am a little). I don't look for ulterior motives when someone posts. I read the post here and on ics as a plea to find a reason to do business with Ed. I respect Ed a lot and while I might disagree with the way he chooses to handle his business transactions, that is his decision to do. I don't know about any bb negative's about him or his machine~ I read very little on any bb, but he is a first class guy in my opinion.

Ken

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
the only quam I have with my recoil is that the handle is kinda a pos and I wish the rear wheels were a little bigger. other than that it has worked out nicely for mo. I like the aux. ports to add bigger tanks

Mikey P

Administrator
Just plain amazes me how anyone could be happy paying what Ed charges for the what they actually get.

Stunned actually.

but whatever...

I don't have to use one or look at one anymore.

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey P said:
Randy, are you insinuating that I am behind this?

Why would you even think that ? :shock:

The new poster sets up a NEW account here and his first and only post is a hit peace on Recoil. He posts the same on several other bulletin boards. That screams someone with an agenda. Not someone looking for answers. Someone looking for answers does a search on several boards and reads up on the equipment , and then asks questions. His posts went way to far in evaluating Cross America's business practices & policies to really be a honest search for information on the equipment & company. It was like he was trying to make a statement by asking a question.

Thus I'm calling this someone with an agenda. It actually reminds me of that thread a few months ago where the Amtex truck mount was promoted by a fake profile by someone with an agenda.

At Least this guy has a profile, that's an improvement.

Mikey P

Administrator
How else am I to take these comments?

I believe these postings here & on ICS are a staged, planned attack on Cross America and not an "organic" legitimate , review of equipment or the company.

Maybe we should just have a banner that pops up once a week that says: "recoils suck & Ed's a jerk".
It would be easier then the constant bogus hit pieces.

This is getting ridiculous and rather obvious.

randy

Name
Randy
Would I put it past you after the Recoil autopsy you did here ? No.
Do I think this is your work ? Probably not.
Has Ed Valentine & his unit been treated fairly on Mikey's board ?
Lets just say I haven't seen any other portables under the MB scalpel.

Open and honest evaluations of equipment and companies is one thing, hit pieces that appear almost "caned" and rolled out on several boards is another. Regardless of who is behind this thread, I put it in the same category of the Amtex one.

randy

Name
Randy
I bet there are a few manufacturers that are happy you haven't owned their unit, LOL.

F

FB7777

randy said:
I bet there are a few manufacturers that are happy you haven't owned their unit, LOL.

damn straight about that Randy... :lol: quite a few I bet

Name
Eric Valentine
After seeing one up close at the porty shootout, the recoil is VERY flimsy. On a positive note, it DOES spray water and suck it back up. The recoil would be at the bottom of my list.

Java Beansoup

Hey its me the original poster. No this is not a fake post nor a slam on Ed. As far as setting up a profile just to slam Ed, thats not my intention. I don't want to slander Ed's reputation. His policies are his business and while they don't work for me, its his choice to run his business in whatever way works best. I was looking for reassurance from others that have been down the road that I was considering going down. I have heard a lot of good things about Ed and his equipment. Ed if you read this I am sorry for whatever trouble this post may have caused for you.
Sincerely,
Dave Pastor

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Mikey P said:
Just plain amazes me how anyone could be happy paying what Ed charges for the what they actually get.

Stunned actually.

but whatever...

well mikey the recoil xps is about the same cost as an m5 and has more suction

Name
John LaBarbera
juniorc82 said:
Mikey P said:

Stunned actually.

but whatever...

well mikey the recoil xps is about the same cost as an m5 and has more suction

Hi Junior,

What does "about the same" and "more" actually mean? What's the retail price and what is the water lift? (suction) Are you able to measure the amps per cord? Mytee gladly makes these numbers available. It's easy to make claims, it's another to back it up. Does the recoil have auto fill and pump out, 12" wheels, can you access the motors with out taking the tanks apart? Does it come with 50' detachable extension cords? Do the tanks and housing have a lifetime warranty? Can you buy it from a local distributor with all the advantages that come with that? Is there a return policy like most companies have? This is not an attack on anybody or their product, but if you're going to make comparisons (and that's all right with me) it's best to do a total comparison so we can get an accurate picture of what you'd get for your money in each case.

Name
John LaBarbera
Thought I'd bring this back to the top so Junior would have more time to get the facts on cost, suction and amps of the recoil compared to the M5. He's probably busy or on vacation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hi Junior,

What does "about the same" and "more" actually mean? What's the retail price and what is the water lift? (suction) Are you able to measure the amps per cord? Mytee gladly makes these numbers available. It's easy to make claims, it's another to back it up. Does the recoil have auto fill and pump out, 12" wheels, can you access the motors with out taking the tanks apart? Does it come with 50' detachable extension cords? Do the tanks and housing have a lifetime warranty? Can you buy it from a local distributor with all the advantages that come with that? Is there a return policy like most companies have? This is not an attack on anybody or their product, but if you're going to make comparisons (and that's all right with me) it's best to do a total comparison so we can get an accurate picture of what you'd get for your money in each case.
Nothing against those that drop ship, but I'd rather buy local or even a short drive to pick one up.

What do you do when it's damaged in shipment? Ship it back? Repair it yourself? (if you capable) Take it to the local distributor you chose not to buy from and beg him to repair it for you?

Warranty issues are handled easier with your local distributor too.

Good luck with that!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I can only say whenever an issue arose , it was handled VERY PROMPTLY , in one case a needed part arrived on my doorstep the next day. Ed has stood behind me all the way.Now let's see if I can dig up a quote John posted recently about disparaging remarks about the competition...... :roll:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Willy my remarks are not an attack on the Recoil but in general for any machine shipped.

Hell, I'd just as soon not clean at all if you're going to make me use a portable! :shock:

:lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The comment wasn't directed to you Richard- I haven't see you slagging your competition or claiming "my wiener is bigger than yours". The dogpile on Ed gets tired fast.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Willy,

Here was my questions based on Junior's remarks. There's no personal attack going on. The answers to these questions should be no mystery. Actually, you probably could produce the information since you seem pretty machine savvy.

Hi Junior,

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I don't have gauges John, but I've done some pretty long runs (135 feet) and had 4 hour dry times.That works for me. I'm starting to build my own - 3 cords, 4 vacs, a General pump and auto dump, auto fill with chem injection, 2 inch ported, stainless waste tank,25 gallon, plastic fresh 25 gallon, modular construction. I will NOT be entering the fray trying to sell it, just a one off that will suit my very demanding wants. And it WILL kick 99% of most porty's asses! :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom