red stain removal

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i told my cleaning buddy that i was removing red stains from my residential custys carpet ,and he said i was crazy to do that.because about 15 yrs ago he tried with a 2 part prod and it discolored the custys carpet and he called his ins co and they told him they do not cover the procedure of removing red stains because he is putting prod into the carpet.Is this true?? am i setting my self up for a headache

wired

you need to spray on the infected area , let dwell and rinse with your wand . The red relief will keep working might take 24 hrs

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Most of the times it will not.
Sometime it will.

Why don't you ask the client if they are willing to take the risk write it down and have them sign.(I always do.)

After all it is their property.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
have not asked my ins co since this was dicussed today so i figured i would create some content on MB :oops:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Pay attention, Glen

"ask the client if they are willing to take the risk"

there is always a "risk" when using dye stain removers

I tell 'em one of 4 things will happen.

1. There will be no improvement
2. The stain will be "improved" , but not completely removed
3. The stain will be gone "like it never even happened"
4. There is a risk of stripping dyes from the carpet

Then i let "them" decide

..L.T.A.

Wow, not many cleaners want to spend an hour on something they might be able to get out, and not many clients will pay for a maybe or a little less red.

S

sam miller

If You get sued over a stain they couldnt remove in the first place priceless. red or bleached? um its still they're problem because of the red stain.

ps Ive never had this issue and Ive taken 1000 of red stains out. Even if it did discolor I wouldnt turn it in to my insurance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
jaredlogan1979 said:
Wow, not many cleaners want to spend an hour on something they might be able to get out, and not many clients will pay for a maybe or a little less red.

I take it you can't (or don't attempt) to remove any dye stains, Jared???

..L.T.A.

Name
Scott
The discoloration may have happened due to them leaving the iron on the carpet too long. We pull red stains out all day every day on all types of carpet and have never had a problem in the last 6 years.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Royal Man said:
Buy one two or three of these and it will solve your bleaching/carpet damage and time problems.

Set one or two down while you set up or clean another room and it takes esencially no extra time to take out red spots

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bla ... m270.l1313

I see all the black & Decker steamers I listed are bought. There were 4 up for sale and I even bought an other ( Now I have four) Hope some of you guys got one. They work great!!!

You just have to spray on your red removal product of choice and set down the steamer.

NO towel needed and you can leave them un-attended without damnge.

I sometimes use several of these steamers at once for jobs that have multible spots.

Usualy I set them on dry carpet on a few spots while I set up and a few more when I start cleaning.

Easy safe and fast red spot removal. Even on jobs that have multible red spots.

Remember to assure long life for the steamer. (They are getting harder to find.) Use distilled water.

wired

Dave , What is your red removal of choice? I use red relief from pro choice Thanks Steve

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
wired said:
Dave , What is your red removal of choice? I use red relief from pro choice Thanks Steve

Red Relief is a very good product . Lately I have been using the Vacaway product. It is one part and some stains will come out without any heat.

S

sam miller

scottpeterson83 said:
The discoloration may have happened due to them leaving the iron on the carpet too long. We pull red stains out all day every day on all types of carpet and have never had a problem in the last 6 years.

use a steamer or a Auto off Iron

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I say just don't use an iron. They look very unprofessional and they can melt poly carpet very easily. Plus having to use a towel under the iron sucks. The towel stinks and sticks to the iron. Eventually the iron gets white ct@p all over the bottom.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
this is all great info, i clean my iron with a 4 inch razor scraper and steel wool. keeps the smell to a minimum. the steamer is a great idea.

lance

Dave, i think you put up a link a few months ago showing a brand new steamer that was similar but more expensive than the black and decker one (i think it had a blue plastic thing on the front.)

If you still have it can you repost it here please.

Thanks.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
lance said:
Dave, i think you put up a link a few months ago showing a brand new steamer that was similar but more expensive than the black and decker one (i think it had a blue plastic thing on the front.)

If you still have it can you repost it here please.

Thanks.

http://www.namcomfg.com/namco3/shop/ite ... =51&catid=

Or:

http://www.carpettool.net/carpet_repair_tool.asp

The Crain one is identical to the old Black and Decker.

Always use distilled water in them for long life.

GCP

id try and stay away or @ least make my client aware of dangers of the strippers and dies. most people are actually OK with the upfront warning and will make a decision weather or not they want to take the risk. if they do be sure to have a waiver ready for you insurance as self protection. you just never know.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like Larry's 4-things list, thanks Larry!

I'm thinking we should have a sign off like this. Do you think it's too much....or too little?

RED STAIN or COLORED DYE REMOVAL
Red Stain or Colored Dye Removal can be tricky due to the solutions needed to remove the red or colored dyes. When using these products one of four things can happen and we want to inform you that there is a possibility of some color loss to your carpet.

1. There will be no improvement
2. The stain will be "improved", but not completely removed
3. The stain will be gone "like it never even happened"
4. There is a risk of stripping dyes from the carpet

This color loss would not due to something the technician did wrong but rather a calculated risk when attempting color removal. We ask for your signiture acknowledging that you are aware of the risks and hold Chavez Restoration harmless and without responsibility for any and all color change or loss associated with Red Stain or Colored Dye Removal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom