CK-FL
CB97C54B-5775-40CF-809F-3E663F633805.jpeg

I had one yesterday from a wicker basket... 🤦‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad74

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
In preparation for our crews arrival, customer attempted to move small furniture. In doing so, she set a wicker basket, fake plant on
The back porch. Crew cleaned. Once they left she put small stuff back. 🤦‍♂️ Then continued to repeatedly move the plant to ensure it was in the perfect spot. Thus leaving not just 1 or 2 but 3 beautifully wicked stains.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't think that will come out unless you to the UV light trick for hours and hours. And even that is a gamble.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I don't think that will come out unless you to the UV light trick for hours and hours. And even that is a gamble.

I spent about an hour on it yesterday. The lighter ones and the left and right damn near we’re gone (very difficult to see)... the worst one in the middle was probably 50% better but started to have color loss so I called it a day. She was happier with the result than I was but that’s better than the opposite way around. I’ve heard the UV truck come up and discussed by Cobb I think but don’t know anything about it or have ever tried it.

Name
Brad Gouveia
For UV trick you do not have to use a light you just need to have them cover it up with some glass pyrex or something that will keep it wet with the red remover. The UV from the sun will work just need to be wet. I had luck with this method before.

steve_64

For UV trick you do not have to use a light you just need to have them cover it up with some glass pyrex or something that will keep it wet with the red remover. The UV from the sun will work just need to be wet. I had luck with this method before.
I use large furniture tabs on smaller spots and Reynolds wrap on larger ones. Just have to weight them down. I thought it was because it keeps it wet and working longer.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thinking of you Marty.

I know you were doing it one handed, but there’s a safer method that I like to do by folding the rag and preheating the rag with the iron before putting it on the stain, and when you put the hot side of the rag on the stain, it acts immediately when applied with the iron on top of that, causing the stain to go away in a shorter, safer period of time.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I know you were doing it one handed, but there’s a safer method that I like to do by folding the rag and preheating the rag with the iron before putting it on the stain, and when you put the hot side of the rag on the stain, it acts immediately when applied with the iron on top of that, causing the stain to go away in a shorter, safer period of time.
Like and Subscribe

Name
Jeff T
Yup, 48 seconds is long enough to melt some types of carpet....
Good post Matt.
I’m still stuck on the wallpaper steamer. It takes WAY longer, but it is more forgiving....
Just ask me how I know....

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I spent about an hour on it yesterday. The lighter ones and the left and right damn near we’re gone (very difficult to see)... the worst one in the middle was probably 50% better but started to have color loss so I called it a day. She was happier with the result than I was but that’s better than the opposite way around. I’ve heard the UV truck come up and discussed by Cobb I think but don’t know anything about it or have ever tried it.
UV spotlight is only way I've pulled turmeric, you better have whole house to clean though cos it takes awhile
20180620_105036.jpg
(I picked this up the next day)

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Naturally...

There's numbnuts out there that do it without discussing with clients?
yep, haven't seen it for awhile but I've seen it

also had a tenant insist that I do a patch that I refused without talking to owner. A week later I got called by the owner going mad at the crap patch that the tenant decided to have a go at and had handed my cleaning receipt as "proof" that I did it

I don't do many rentals and thats fine

Reactions: DAT

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yup, 48 seconds is long enough to melt some types of carpet....
Good post Matt.
I’m still stuck on the wallpaper steamer. It takes WAY longer, but it is more forgiving....
Just ask me how I know....
I’m a professional. I don’t leave an iron on carpet for 48 seconds.
I tried using a steamer and the hot water dripping from it was too hot, causing color loss. I know several of the other guys use a steamer also, so maybe it was a faulty tool.

And Damon, fold that rag next time and don't go over 20seconds. recount how long that iron stayed on that carpet while you were blabbering, trying to get a paycheck from youtube

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I tried using a steamer and the hot water dripping from it was too hot, causing color loss. I know several of the other guys use a steamer also, so maybe it was a faulty tool.

And Damon, fold that rag next time and don't go over 20seconds. recount how long that iron stayed on that carpet while you were blabbering, trying to get a paycheck from youtube
Like and Subscribe :)

scotty747

The best I'v found is harvard stain blaster. The bottle looked almost generic but I thought I shouldn't judge a product by the bottle. Sometimes the red is gone after cleaning. Generally I prefer two part products since they stay stable longer. The last ones I bought were from a janitorial store and god knows how many years they were on the shelf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom