Red wine spill on older wall to wall jute carpet

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's what the customer thinks it is. I'm waiting on a picture to be sent to me. I'd just like a refresher course on treating a spot like that on that type of carpet.

Thanks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's what the customer thinks it is. I'm waiting on a picture to be sent to me. I'd just like a refresher course on treating a spot like that on that type of carpet.

Thanks
I'm hoping you mean a jute backed carpet. I usually treat it the old fashioned way first. Use a tannin spotter, work it in gently, then flush it out. If you still have some staining remaining, use peroxide. Make sure you leave the carpet as dry as possible, put a fan on it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm hoping you mean a jute backed carpet. I usually treat it the old fashioned way first. Use a tannin spotter, work it in gently, then flush it out. If you still have some staining remaining, use peroxide. Make sure you leave the carpet as dry as possible, put a fan on it.
I'm assuming it's jute backed. Customers usually don't know what the heck they're looking at.

Is there such a thing as a wall to wall carpet that's both jute backing and pile?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm assuming it's jute backed. Customers usually don't know what the heck they're looking at.

Is there such a thing as a wall to wall carpet that's both jute backing and pile?

Yeah they do. Its not common, but its been done.

They mix it with wool, viscose, all kind of crazy stuff.

Let's hope not.

If that's really it, and you think you deserve the punishment involved in trying to fix it, send me a message and we'll set up a time for you to call me.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

Thanks
Sorry Mam’, not much I can do for you in this situation. That rug isn’t a cleanable material. It’s a shame they sell such. Let me know if I can help out with something else in the future. Thanks.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Burn test says jute. I turned the job down. I have to set up 300ft just to get to the door, then it’s just 2 small rooms. It’s not worth the risk.

F7D0717A-0881-4599-89AA-2479F2F8EDDC.jpeg 43573EDE-D244-46A8-81AE-B5F158FA9A3D.jpeg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Burn test says jute. I turned the job down. I have to set up 300ft just to get to the door, then it’s just 2 small rooms. It’s not worth the risk.

View attachment 107510 View attachment 107511

Is the white what it looked like after she tried something herself? That's enough reason to walk right there.

There are three stages cleaners seem to go through:

1. New, unskilled, no confidence: "Sorry lady, I can't do that.

2. A few years in, trained, and too much confidence: "Let me show you how great a cleaner I am. I can get ANY stain out!"

3. Veteran, experienced, and battle scarred: "Sorry lady, I can't do that"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is the white what it looked like after she tried something herself? That's enough reason to walk right there.

There are three stages cleaners seem to go through:

1. New, unskilled, no confidence: "Sorry lady, I can't do that.

2. A few years in, trained, and too much confidence: "Let me show you how great a cleaner I am. I can get ANY stain out!"

3. Veteran, experienced, and battle scarred: "Sorry lady, I can't do that"
#3 for me

Just curious...what’s the difference in a burn test with jute vs sisal?

Ron K

If she can get a donor piece/patch she could try that but it does look pre-fcked so best to walk away and enjoy the view.
I've seen them permanently stain from just water.
Nice Bear and Wasp Nest!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If she can get a donor piece/patch she could try that but it does look pre-fcked so best to walk away and enjoy the view.
I've seen them permanently stain from just water.
Nice Bear and Wasp Nest!
I gave him the number of the carpet installers I suggest. He said he might have a donor piece to patch if it's possible. Either way, I walked feeling good about the situation and gained his respect for being honest with what we discussed

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
they look and burn the same but feel different, sisal feels softer vs jutes quite hard feeling
Unless the jute has been "woolenized" by tumbling and bleaching. They mix the stuff in with wool and rug owners wonder why their wool rug wore out so fast.

gave him the number of the carpet installers I suggest. He said he might have a donor piece to patch if it's possible.
An experience carpet installer will likely decline the work as well. That weave is difficult to work with - tough to keep seams cut across the warp from fraying.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you wet clean it you can watch it shrink. It will pull the tackless strip out of the floor.

It has more grip than your bonnet driver, and the chemical mix that would do some good is both flammable and will eat equipment motors, so your only safe option is dry powder. Abrade what you can off of the surface and see if anyone will pay you for the results.

Disposable carpet for those with disposable money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom