Red Wings.

Mikey P

Administrator
I spent about an hour at a outlet today.

Incredible customer service

Real busy too.

Guys coming in with blown stitches on very worn boots and were told, "no problem, we fix that for free just give us a week.. "Laces? oh no problem, those are free!" "Do you want us to condition them today for free?" "Don't like how they fit 29 days from now? bring them back.." ..

With a little care you should be able to resole the U.S. made versions for $80 a few times.

Not cheap, but great fit, incredible selection of sizes and soles and most models are made HERE of the very best materials.

I scored some of these

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I had a pair of Red Wing boots that I cleaned in for like 5 years. They were great boots and they fit my foot, which most women's shoes don't, I have a really wide foot. The only things I didn't like about wearing boots was getting gravel caught in the sole (scratches wood/stone/tile floors) and that if they did get wet, they didn't dry out for days.

Take care,
Lisa

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Tony Neville said:

I've been wearing these for about 12 years. They are the only boots that I know of that hold up to the prespray. I get about a 1 1/2 years out of them. When I first started buying them they cost $120.00, but now they are $180.00. But, well worth it. When cleaning furniture, be very careful for the first month-not to rest your toe on the carpet. They will slightly bleed, but it always comes right out.

Connor

Name
Connor
My first pair of Red Wings went over a year without taking any moisture, eventually the stitching busted out of the soles, but I used mine in a more harsh environment than most. The next pair didn't last six months. Same product.

Mikey P

Administrator
I almost bought those Tony but the ones I got make my size 14's look smaller.

I have an electric boot drier that I need to use more religiously.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the products. We have blue uniforms so the black goes better than the brown. I think they will hold up well for you.

Good Luck.
Tony

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
when i was a kid grandma use to buy us a pair every year
made in mn if i rem right

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
When I framed houses I wore a pair that didn't last 3 months. I was on my knees and toes a lot marking studs and snapping chalk lines. The leather on the toes wore off fast and their fix was to put some blob of caramel looking stuff on them. It looked like crap but lasted longer than the leather. I can't even imagine wearing boots to clean. White Nikes last about 3 months and get power washed every couple of weeks. It's the best way to clean them. At the end of the day while your still wearing them, spray on some spotter (purple power) turn down the heat and up the pressure and blast 'em.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
With a 6"10 frame, Mike needs a solid platform for balance. Would be too hot for these old feet. Nice to see they are made in America!

Unlike "tripod Tod".

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Worn them all my life. Dad wore them. Gramp wore them. Son wears them.

Don't wear them much for cc anymore (just when raining) cuz delim dries and cracks them.

Great product. Great customer service.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Any time I've bought a new pair of boots or shoes, I soak them in solvent sealer, a couple times. Helps repel water and chems while working, and wipe right off.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Hoody said:
Any time I've bought a new pair of boots or shoes, I soak them in solvent sealer, a couple times. Helps repel water and chems while working, and wipe right off.

Great idea, but I wonder if it might be harmful to you long term?

Take care,
Lisa

Jimbo

Mikey P said:
I almost bought those Tony but the ones I got make my size 14's look smaller.

I have an electric boot drier that I need to use more religiously.

2 questions

Does that work for hats also?

Does it cut down on 'walk-ups?'

Actually I have one pair of RedWings in the closet also!

Connor

Name
Connor
I exercise religiously, Christmas and Easter. shiteatinggrin

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I don't like wearing boots w deep tread soles.

Step in one pile of dogshit and it takes weeks to get them clean again.

Besides, they make my feet to hot during the summer.

I prefere roman sandles with no socks over work boots.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I always wear white shoes to clean in. Boots just do not seem right...Esp when wearing shorts. It looks like a gay swedish yodeler is cleaning their carpets.

PS. Is Connor reminding anyone of me with his dumbass interjectory smartass posts.

Can you use "dumbass" AND "smartass" in one sentence?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
for me danner are the best fitting boots, I have tried. when you hunt the mountains and have done it with crappy boots its a mistake you only make once. these aren't my hunting boots but they are heavy duty work boots, a couple weeks ago I worked an 11 hour day on my feet in a manufacturing company cleaning carpets, it was nothing but concrete and glue down carpet the whole time. these boots kept my feet in great shape dispite it being slow lately and me not being on my feet as much lately.

http://www.danner.com/boots/quarry/quar ... boots.html

they are heavy, but the steel shank kept my feet supported which is better than most other boots I have. they are gortex lined so when I am on a water damage job and provided its not prolonged standing in standing water they get the job done with my feet dry. this is really really nice in the winter when you have to walk through snow toting out wet pad to the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom