Reeled In The Big Whale, Finally ....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Reeled in a whale recently, at least for this industry in this area. Nice commercial account in the $70g range annual.

First proposal was in October and have been negotiating ever since, truly became absurd how long this took but what i did was talk to each dept head and asked what they would like to see in the future. This worked out great seeing none of the other bidders put that kind of effort in, we just became THE company over time and everyone assumed it.

The problem became i kept adding it to the bill and the executives really dragged their feet but wanted to listen to the dept heads at the same time. Well finally the CEO just emailed me directly and basically said this is the budget, make your schedule fit in this budget. Knocked off about 10% but let me decide how to set it up :lol:.

The moral of the story is sometimes we have to be patient, i guess.
Yea for me...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
shit...just rained on my parade for a 5k a yr pick up.....

damnit i need 1 of these to land in my lap...like the rest of you allz

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Nice!
I love the big ones. The bad part is as soon as you get it all online you are forced to grow because an account like that can not make up to much of your annual.
I like to keep them under 10% of my gross. The SFS guys say keep it lower than that. That is sometimes hard to do.

Great job congrats!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Congrats Shane! A long time ago when I just worked for my biz we had an account that size. Although it was frustrating at times it was predictable, and that was nice. We had it for 17 years.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Nice!
I love the big ones. The bad part is as soon as you get it all online you are forced to grow because an account like that can not make up to much of your annual.
I like to keep them under 10% of my gross. The SFS guys say keep it lower than that. That is sometimes hard to do.

Great job congrats!

Exactly, i am all done with these jobs for a little while. We are way too top heavy, time to focus on building small commercial/residential.

and yes Ken $70k a year is a Gazillion to me right now , no use having work unless you can manage/finance it. :very_drunk:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nice! i couldn't handle something THAT big or i'd have to hire employees....or else have most of my eggs in 1 basket, been there done that lol :redface:

Back
Top Bottom