Referral fees

FredC

Village Idiot
anybody pay them? Anybody receive them?

The main question...if you do.

Those that receive them. How do you track those that you refer so you actually get paid.

Those that pay. What keeps you from just not paying for the referrals?

I'm missing a leg of a triangle here....I'm sure their is an elegant solution but I can't think of it.........

talking about real life...I know how to do it on the web

FredC

Village Idiot
which is kind of what I need an elegant solution for....accountability.

I have two solutions......one punitive ....the other relying on the customer to "work" with the punitive still in place.

while both would work I'm hoping for a simpler solution

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I pay them but because I know I would be lowsey at keeping up with them I simply drop a thank you card with a coupon thanking the customer for the referral and then its up to them to hold on to the card and remember when to redeem it. Of course I don't tell anyone I give a discount for referrals so when they vet the card its an unexpected surprise. I have no reason for not telling them other than I usually just don't think about it.

As far as giving referrals no one has ever offered me anything for a referral. I have an hvac guy coming to my house tomorrow and I've sent him 2 property managers in the last 2 months and I know they both used him, in fact one called and set the appointment while I was still there. I'm curious if he'll offer me any discount although I'm not expecting it and if he doesn't it won't stop me from referring more people to him as long as he continues to make me look good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FredC

Village Idiot
the second scenario is the one I'm more interested in.

the customer aspect I mentioned is a potential method to keep the referred company "honest"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
FredC said:
anybody pay them? Anybody receive them?

The main question...if you do.

Those that receive them. How do you track those that you refer so you actually get paid.

Those that pay. What keeps you from just not paying for the referrals?

I'm missing a leg of a triangle here....I'm sure their is an elegant solution but I can't think of it.........

talking about real life...I know how to do it on the web

every call we get they are asked how they heard about us....if they say Mrs what ever told us and if we go out and do the job then Mrs what ever gets a referral certificate in the mail for a percentage of that job...it is then book marked in there file so when she calls to schedule her cleaning it comes up and is already computed on the work order...

after I have done the job I collect the certificate from her and return it with the work order...and then it is marked with the payment of her cleaning....

the referral certificate that is sent out gives her the percentage or they can have the option of cashing it in...only had one want the cash..and I still clean for them regularly (?)...

I have some clients that will hand me a stack of them after I am done cleaning..its a win win on both sides.......

FredC

Village Idiot
thinking B@B here

but of course customer methods are welcome too...just might be the solution

dgargan

We track them in Service Monster and do a report at the end of each month. We then send a certificate to them which they can redeem for cash or services. 30% want the cash, 50 % use it towards their next cleaning 20% never redeem it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom