Referral from Duzakh.

Mikey P

Administrator
Stone guy from Cali sent her my way.

At least 20 calls and texts getting 1000 ft of travertine cleaned only, two corners in one shower grout patched and one marble bath floor. She needed everything done by next week and I only had one day open. I made it PERFECTLY clear that I only had time for cleaning, no honing, no polishing.
She agreed as important guests were coming in this Tuesday.

Somehow she loses my number and email after 20 interactions so had to ask stone guy to have me call her to confirm last night...

I told her I work alone so all furniture would need to be carried off the travertine by her family prior to my arrival ( no sliding allowed). First fvcking thing the husband does when I arrive is drags 6 or 7 peices out to deck and scratches the shit out of the ldh. Wife is screaming at him. He and his assistant corner me later asking if I can buff out the scratches. Not without doing the whole floor over three days I reply...

Everything has etching, which I explain as simply as possible and she says she understands yet when I finished the marble she insisted that the flat spots could be razored off.

Two missing grout spots turns into 20.
I fix them all with out arguing. But I draw the line when she asked me to regrout under the toilets.

Explaining travertine holes and why cleaning didn't fill them really tested me, as did cracks in the grout that caused slower drying.. "still looks dirty!"...

And of course NOW she wants everything sealed when over the phone she didn't.

$500 upsell didn't go over well... Lol

Every B grade travertine 16x16 was examined from all four sides and most created questions, abd the answers didn't satisfy

The check for $1950 got the obligatory " I dont make that much in a day" from scratchy.

I'm positive I'm leaving half of this nightmare out of it but I'm exhausted..

PXL_20220616_192508644.jpg

At least the view was nice.

Did I mention that I wasn't allowed to wear shoes on the carpet I had to cross 20 times?

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller

At least 20 calls and texts getting 1000 ft of travertine cleaned only, two corners in one shower grout patched and one marble bath floor. She needed everything done by next week and I only had one day open. I made it PERFECTLY clear that I only had time for cleaning, no honing, no polishing.

Somehow she loses my number and email after 20 interactions so had to ask stone guy to have me call her to confirm last night...

I told her I work alone so all furniture would need to be carried off the travertine by her family prior to my arrival ( no sliding allowed). First fvcking thing the husband does when I arrive is drags 6 or 7 peices out to deck and scratches the shit out of the ldh. Wife is screaming at him. He and his assistant corner me later asking if I can buff out the scratches. Not without doing the whole floor over three days I reply...

Everything has etching, which I explain as simply as possible and she says she understands yet when I finished the marble she insisted that the flat spots could be razored off.

Two missing grout spots turns into 20.
I fix them all with out arguing. But I draw the line when she asked me to regrout under the toilets.

Explaining travertine holes and why cleaning didn't fill them really tested me, as did cracks in the grout that caused slower drying.. "still looks dirty!"...

And of course NOW she wants everything sealed when over the phone she didn't.

$500 upsell didn't go over well... Lol

Every B grade travertine 16x16 was examined from all four sides and most created questions, abd the answers didn't satisfy

The check for $1950 got the obligatory " I dont make that much in a day" from scratchy.

I'm positive I'm leaving half of this nightmare out of it but I'm exhausted..

View attachment 115985

At least the view was nice.

Did I mention that I wasn't allowed to wear shoes on the carpet I had to cross 20 times?
Fookers

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This really is the hardest part explaining what is......

Time constraints and job scope.

Everybody loves fast food solutions and quick fixes.

I did a job small area pulled up in bathroom by maid vacuuming.

Just kick it and tuck it.

Well the tile floors were elevated by backer board.

And the carpet installer tried to build the tracks strip in two sections stepping it up to the lip.

Creating a rocker effect and carpet pulling away.

Also the tackless was all loose.

Remember......

Just kick it!

Famous last words.

I was like I could if the tackless was secure and it was an easy fix.

He's like it's ok I'll drill cement screws and use a transition piece.

Sure sounds good.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
She needed everything done by next week and I only had one day open. I made it PERFECTLY clear that I only had time for cleaning, no honing, no polishing.

This was the first red flag

They agree to anything, and hear nothing, when they feel pressured.

Send him some dead fish or flowers, or some other appropriate sentiment that says:

..thanks a lot...

Reactions: Nate The Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom