RELEASE-IT DS vs ENCUPUCLEAN

breathe72

Using a 19" Cimex (brushes) on cgd, average soil....

Which is better, in your opinion? And why?

I know there are alot of Release-it fans out there, BUT do any of you ever use the Encapuclean that Bridgepoint (interlink) sells?

I am looking for input from THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY USED ENCAPUCLEAN.

If you sell it, understand that your input on this thread is not as valuable to me right now, since the only endorsement we have found has come from the folk who manufacture it.

We want to hear from others who have used it.

We tried both the Encapuclean and the Release-it.

Heres what we found:

Release-it DS seems to clean much better.

Release-it DSsmells better. (Encapuclean we had to add a deodorizor $$)

The Encapuclean ran out FAST. We switched to Release-it on the same job and easily got double the square foot of cleaning. This was a big deal to us, as we were using less $$$ in chem but also not running around every 20 min to refill.

Also, a corporate Interlink guy who regularly posts on this board says that the Release-it will cause re-soiling due to the tea-tree oil.

Im not trying to stir the pot. On one hand, there are cleaners who say Release-it is the stuff to use. On the other hand, we have a corporate guy saying that there's not alot of difference between the two, with the exception of the other product, which supposedly causes resoiling.

So... what is y'alls experience with this stuff????

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
You know my answer. I've used both.

Do a resoil test of your own. Put some RTU product down on a piece of carpet and use it as an entry mat.

Or do like I do and put it in your garage so the cars drive over it.

John Watson

I agree with your findings on releasit DS compared to encapuclean.

When one of our interlink suppliers was holding their JonDon open house I bought a couple of cases of encapuclean with Maxim at a real good reduced price. On our accounts where we have used this and the releasit DS we have found that we stayed away about 4 months longer. with that being said, If we had paid regular prices for it we would not have tried it because of it's cost. I like the results but not enough to warrant paying the regular cost which is way more than releasit DS

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Since I am the corporate guy that posts here regularly, let me clarify comments I made about the tea tree oil in Release-it.

Any oil that does not evaporate immediately can cause resoiling. Oils attract soil. The main supposed advantage I have seen promoted by those who like to use Tea Tree Oil is that it has disinfectant properties. There is not enough Tea Tree Oil in Releas-it do make any claim that it disinfects.

So, what benefit is there to something that is a potential resoiler? The fragrance. Some people like the fragrance of tea tree oil. Some don't. Some even say it makes them cough, although that should only happen if it is applied in a mist that can float in the air. Personally I don't like the fragrance of tea tree oil.

Most fragrances come from essential oils. That is the main reason we don't add any fragrance to our Encapuclean.

It is never my intention to knock Rick's product. It works good and Rick is a friend. There are difference between the products. I point these out so folks can make an informed decision. Two key differences are the fragrance of tea tree oil versus the lack of any fragrance. Another difference is how much foam the product produces. Encapuclean produces less foam.

If comparing Rick's DS solution to regular Encapuclean, it will clean more carpet. That is the point of a double strength solution. If comparing the base products, I don't think one will clean more carpet under the same conditions than the other. We are discussing a double strength version of Encapuclean.

Scott Warrington

John Watson

No Dirk, I didn't say that you did..

I just tried what I had and stated the results.

I have not tried your resoil test on either product so I couldn't tell which one you are talking about. If you are talking about Releasit DS this is not my findings with this product. If you are talking about encapuclean, I used 2 gal and didn't care fore the way it cleaned and the amount of product used so we could call it a satisfactorily done job. I was also talking about encapuclean with Maxim which was to expensive for the results I obtained and the price this client paid me to make their carpets look better..

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Chris kinda threw you under the bus Scott. :lol:

I agree with what you've got to say about the products.

I had good luck with both products. The foam is what I like. It's a good indicator of exactly how much you're putting down. That's why I prefer the DS at this point.

If encapuclean had more foaming properties, I'd be more than happy to buy my encap juice locally.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I hear some people are happy with Magic Wand's atomic. At a fraction of the price I've read.

Albert

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ask JB about Atomix...he swears by it :lol:

:arrow: --- Derek.

G

I sold Releasit and used it for a short time and have tried Encapuclean as my Interlink distributor carries it. Surround beats them both on cleaning and scent. No long sales pitch just fact. The ACCI in Australia just switched from Releasit to Surround. They set industry standard for 400 members, kind of like the IICRC here. Free shipping+ 10% off for new customers, say your from Mikey's board and Ill make it 15% off your first order. I know you guys hate salesmen. I'm the one who tests it with my 23 year old cleaning firm. I move dirt too. So I know the routine.

breathe72

Scott in all fairness I was not trying to 'throw you under the bus' lol, but rather take the comments you had passed along to my supplier to give us, and post them here, along side my own questions.

You also said that because Release-it faoms more, it causes the carpets to "appear" clean. (meaning???)

Either way, you were supporting your Encapuclean product and thats totally understandable.

I've spent over 500 bucks on the stuff and after one gallon of Release-it we were blown away.

We were hoping to hear some good feedback on the Encapuclean, as well as WHY other cleaners felt it might be a good product.

After all, Our local supplier has consistently been competitive & convenient, so we would continue purchasing it if we could see the benefit and value.

Are you allowed to say your stuff sucks, when comparing to a similar product, it actually does suck? I know at my job I have to do that.

If not, Today would be a good day to do that.

So far not one 'yes' for Encapuclean.

Guess I got my answer.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
John would you send me a "Sample" gallon of that to try out?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
John i love your stuff (cleans great and hands down the best fragrance of ANY encap'er), but your post looks like another salesman's pitch.

by the way:

is Surround a crystallizer or a film-former?

now that i have your attention maybe you can answer that question for us all.

my guess is: film-former! (or to be P.C., not a "crystallizer")

:p :wink: --- Derek.

Rescue

What about the vacaway products.....Hot knife will smoke anything except it has Butyl in it. What about vacaways ENC DS?

G

Surround uses a " more durable hard polymer film" That's totally re-wettable.In other words it could never build up and it wont self shatter so it holds the dirt better once encapsulated. As far as the salesmen comment. How do you discuss any product without sounding like a salesmen? All you can do is give the facts and let the people decide.
As far as Hot Knife goes, you might want to read the MSDS first. Mutations, birth defects, carcinogens, read it for yourself # 2 on the health rating. For an occasional job maybe. All the time, no way.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
John, you learn how to post like the following......

Larry Cobb
Rich Gelinas
Scott Warrington
Steve Toburen
Greenie

We all know they're selling, but it's so low key that it's acceptable.

G

Thanks for the response Dirk, didn't realize I was being aggressive or pushy

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Hey that's just my opinion on how sales guys should post. These boards are brutal, you have to be careful.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think Scott Warrington has the perfect distributor posting technique. I think all BB salesmen should follow it.

He never sells on every post.
He compliments others products on occasion.
Gives the occasional helpful hint on subject matters outside of his normal daily product and equipment use categories.
He acts like a dumbass often enough to appear normal and non-Forsynthian.

Grant D

I'm interested in hearing more about the pros and cons of a so called film-former like Surround and the self shattering encaps such as the releasit and vacaway lines.

We've always heard that if they don't shatter and fall right out of the dish then it's not a good product. John K has a different theory and I welcome all the discussion he'd like to give us about it as he seems to be the only one I'm aware of willing to discuss that side of it.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Discussion is fine. Bashing another product (when you also sell products) with scare tactics is not IMO.

Sell your positives.

G

Hi Grant, lets do it this way. If anyone wants to know more about my more durable hard polymer film than go to www.bonnetpro.com. Under the encap drop down you will see a selection in the menu bar called encap 101.
Read it for yourself and decide. That article should answer your questions about the differences between the two polymers.

I'm not out to bash anyone at this point. But if something is true and you tell people that's not bashing its helping. I realize I'm the new guy, so I have no problem taking time to earn trust a respect. I'm sure when Rick came out with Releasit and told people that it was better than traditional bonnet cleaners they didn't believe him at first either. Rick has done alot for the low moisture part of the industry, that doesn't mean that someone cant come out with a better product.

Dirk, you think telling people to read an MSDS sheet is a scare tactic? No. Its facts on paper for all to see, read mine also.

breathe72

I'm not sure which is worse in this thread, Dirk putting the screws to John,

or Marty breaking out his pom-poms & cheerleading for Scott W.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
scottw said:
Since I am the corporate guy that posts here regularly, let me clarify comments I made about the tea tree oil in Release-it.

Any oil that does not evaporate immediately can cause resoiling. Oils attract soil. The main supposed advantage I have seen promoted by those who like to use Tea Tree Oil is that it has disinfectant properties. There is not enough Tea Tree Oil in Releas-it do make any claim that it disinfects.

Scott Warrington

Scott our product is spelled Releasit. Not Releas-it. It isn't a big thing, but I thought you should know.

And there is absolutely no soil attracting effect from the Tea Tree oil that's in Releasit, as you have suggested. Quite the contrary; resoil tests with Releasit show that it resists resoiling extremely well. In fact, we'd be happy to compare the resoling aspect of Releasit to your companies product.

There are some nice benefits to using Tea Tree. It's more than just a fresh scent. Tea Tree oil exhibits solvent properties, and it imparts anti-microbial benefits too. The Tea Tree extract in Releasit is just one of the components that helps our products to work the way they do. BTW If anyone would like to learn more about the attributes of Tea Tree oil - this reference is pretty interesting...
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_g ... 2603000122

If it is Bridgepoint's position to try to sell against Releasit's Tea Tree extract, their sales argument doesn't honestly have much to stand on. I'm a little surprised to hear that Bridgepoint (or its agents) would make such a claim.

SteveSmith

As far as Hot Knife goes, you might want to read the MSDS first. Mutations, birth defects, carcinogens, read it for yourself # 2 on the health rating.

Yes, by all means read the MSDS on Hot Knife and get the FULL information at: http://vacaway.com/msds/ . We make our MSDSs available for the world to see and we encourage you to read every one of them.

Please read all of the Hot Knife MSDS… Don’t dwell on words taken out of context by someone else.

One statement on the Hot Knife MSDS states it contains a “MINOR QUANTITY” of an ingredient listed as carcinogenic to animals.” The ingredient is <6% 2-BUTOXYETHANOL. In the ready to use solution that becomes less than 0.1818181.

Many, many industry products contain FAR MORE Butyl than Hot Knife! Also many household products, sold in grocery stores, contain far more Butyl when both are compared in their READY TO USE forms.

If you check the MSDSs, on other products on your trucks, chances are you will find some with far more Butyl than Hot Knife. lol

Here are some other statements on the MSDS: “WARNING: SUBSTANCES KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER: None known.

Another statement: “WARNING: SUBSTANCES KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM: None known.

There is more too… Read it all, in context, for yourself.

As far as the Health rating of TWO that John was quick to point out. We could have used a ONE; instead we choose to error on the side of caution and use a two… this was OUR CHOICE not a requirement by any government agency!

I’m sure John is a good guy with a great product… His success will be sweet indeed if he will only allow it come based on the merits his product.

I suggest you give Surround a try… it if seems like something that will work for you, go for it. If our MSDS hasn’t scared the living hell out of you, maybe you will give Hot Knife a try too. lol If you don’t like any of our products, we will give you a complete refund and you can keep the product.

As many of you know, before I started VacAway Products, I posted quite a bit on the bulletin boards…. Now I purposely post very little so as to let our products be sold based on merit. My apologies to all if this post seems like another SALESMAN TACTIC, but I just could not let the comments about Hot Knife’s MSDS go unanswered!

Thanks,

Steve Smith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom