Replacement Wastetank for Hydramaster CDS

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have a 1999 CDS 4.8 machine in my truck which is currently (knock on wood) going strong. I have had a leak in my waste tank in the past, which I was able to fix but the tank definitely looks like it might be getting to the end of it's life span. I'm not in the position to but a new van and machine any time soon. So I'm hoping to keep this truck operating for a few more years to come.
I'd like to know what my options might be if I needed to replace the waste tank at some point in the future.
Is there anyone who manufactures a tank for my machine? Could I try to get a tank made by a metal fabrication shop. Are tanks made out of some type of plastic available that could be made to fit my particular machine? Has anyone here done this?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
depends on what you want to spend. You could purchase a replacement tank for your machine, take the old one out, put the new one in, you're set to go. You don't have to worry about making it fit. Or you could have someone build a better tank with the same configuration as your current one, build it in such a way that everything else will break before it will

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'm willing to spend some money on it. Airlines keep their planes in service for a really long time by doing( hopefully good) maintenance and replacing essential parts when needed. My truck is working fine, so is the machine itself.It is a lot less of a hit if I replace a tank or even a blower at some point, right?
I'm hoping someone here might know of a place that has the plans and dimensions for my particular machine and who could maybe build a tank for me.Would Stainless be the best way to go, or should i stick with aluminum.The other thing I suppose I could do is when the tank fails next time I could take it out and have someone replace the whole bottom. I'm just not sure if it is possible to join old and corroded aluminum to new stuff.But if that was possible it might be another way to go, if I could even find someone here in the Spokane area to do it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The usual repair (cheapest) is to buy a tank lid, put it upside down under the tank and have it welded around the perimeter. The repair will probably last as long as you want to keep the truck.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

akgolfpro

I'm willing to spend some money on it. Airlines keep their planes in service for a really long time by doing( hopefully good) maintenance and replacing essential parts when needed. My truck is working fine, so is the machine itself.It is a lot less of a hit if I replace a tank or even a blower at some point, right?
I'm hoping someone here might know of a place that has the plans and dimensions for my particular machine and who could maybe build a tank for me.Would Stainless be the best way to go, or should i stick with aluminum.The other thing I suppose I could do is when the tank fails next time I could take it out and have someone replace the whole bottom. I'm just not sure if it is possible to join old and corroded aluminum to new stuff.But if that was possible it might be another way to go, if I could even find someone here in the Spokane area to do it.

I have a guy In Vancouver WA building Me a tank right now for my 03 4.8, Replica of the original should be arround $1200and will be better quality and better lid! does your tank have the window screen type filter in the middle

Name
John LaBarbera
Those are really strange looking but if they work and would fit....
I'll check into it.

Mytee rotational molded 80 gallon tanks are lighter than SS or alluminum and as stronger. Rick with SS used to use them for his El Toro TM's. They are also less expensive and will not corrode.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom