Responsive vs. Native Mobile websites

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Just wondering if everyone who has a website has added a separate mobile website for mobile devices or have you gone with the "responsive" website which automatically converts your website to the appropriate size for your phone, tablet, etc, etc.

Joe Burnich has written an article or two for some of the trade magazines about this. I like his mobile website. It's a very simple design and gets right to the point. Although the responsive will convert it accordingly, I find that all the text simply getting squeezed together to fit on my 3 inch wide smart phone screen means customers will have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll..... and scroll... Talking heads say that you only have seconds to get the mobile web-surfer to take action or they are gone to someone else.

Here's a link to Joe's mobile web site development company. I like how he has just 5 tabs to choose from. He's got a picture of his regular website and his mobile version.
http://carpetcleaningwebsites.net/pricing/mobile-websites-carpet-cleaning/

What is everyone using these days?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Bill

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Native PC set up, got lucky that is shows somewhat decent on mobil.

If ya flip n zoom : )

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Dudamobile will create a sharp looking mobile site from your full site. It's @ $86 per year.

The Clean Machine

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Have any of you guys used Joe's company? If so what do you think? I have put off a website for years because I don't know enough to make an informed decision on who to hire and what to look for. I just know I really need to get one up for this year. Any thoughts and input are appreciated.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Nice site Mark. She set the main container margin to 0 and auto - in easy terms it means that it centers the content within that container to the screen. The top and bottom margins are set to 0, and the left and right are to be determined automatically, but they will also always be equal in size. Your site will always be 920 pixels wide no matter the screen size.

I would recommend you have your designer put a "click to call" link or button toward the top of your page for your mobile users, and also make your phone numbers else where "click to call" as well.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
That's right Brent, Thanks for mentioning that. The native mobile websites don't cross reference hits over to a regular website address for SEO purposes. That's the major "knock" against a native website besides the additional expense of course.
From a lack of responses, it seems many cleaners aren't concerned about customer's ease of navigation on a native website vs. their regular website so does that means customers don't either? Perhaps the increased use of tablets with wider screens has eased the concern for limited info?

Do any of you who have websites ask your customers for feedback.. "How did you like our website?" or "Did you find our website easy to use and/or navigate?"
Thanks for all who responded.
Bill

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Welp, joe found the worst example possible to sell his position. Not all of us have homepages with that much content jammed in. Plus as we all have experienced with designers the skill level matters, its really all over the place.

Also, most cleaners are not bringing in enough money from internet to justify a site just for mobile.

Reactions: Bill Morgan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom