Resturant tile and grout cleaning???

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm a newbie to t&g I only have 3 jobs under my belt so bare with me.

I'm going to look at some tile Friday that hasn't professionally cleaned in at least 12 years.

I use Oxy blaster from magic wand and have had great results would I need to boost it with citrus to cut through the grease? Or do you guys think I would be better off using an acid cleaner?

Thanks for any help...

Mikey P

Administrator
OB already has citrus.

Try boosting with floor stripper or Purple Power/auto degreaser insted.

And get a Jon Don malgrit brush for your 175 if you plan to make a habit out of cleaning restaurants

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
ive cleaned a large pizza restaurant before. I use a carbon brush on a 175 and floor stripper. Turned out pretty damn good. I would stay away from any carpet or tile cleaning products because they are just not potent enough for restaurant tile, and stripper is cheap.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would check to see if it is in the kitchen or in the dining room. I have saw tile with so much alkaline build up from excesive use of degreaser we used an acid cleaner to get good results. A good indicator of this is if the tile is super slippery when wet. I would take an acid cleaner and a alkiline degreaser. Purple power is a good cheap degreaser many cleaners use but few will admit to :lol:

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's a kitchen and they also have some tile behind the bar... I'm just going to test a bunch of stuff before I give him a price.. Is that "Low PH Oxyblaster" a strong enough acid? It's real slippery when its wet (had to bucket brigade it once to get through cleaning the carpet) :oops: I think it also has tile on some for the walls 4", shiny, light color.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Because of all the airborne grease that settles on the floor, it's going to be slippery whether it has an alkaline build-up or not.

I'd use a stripper/degreaser to clean it and then acid rinse it.

Don't forget to offer to seal it for extra $$$$.

PCCN

This type of work is over 60% of my business. Seven nights a week in some restaurant around the area. It totally depends on the type of tile. I tried everything on the market when I started but to be honest, regardless of how dirty the carpets are, the absolute best product I use is Grease Eraser. I add NOTHING to it. Yes, on the first cleaning of a totally caked on carpet you may have to clean twice, but after that, a strong prespray, extended dwell time and resonable heat will give your customer the feeling you are a miracle worker.

As for the tile, I also tried dozens of products and again use Grease Erase with extended dwell time. NONE of the acid cleaners I tried could touch the soil loosening of Grease Eraser. Most of my customers had no idea what color their grout even was until I clean it. You will have to take your tile with your tile tool and blast that loose grease and soil.

These types of customers take us through every winter so take care of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom