returned to the scene of the crime

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Well, it took about 5 1/2 yrs but I finally cleaned the carpet I replaced in 06 because of black death.
The client has used me several times since then but this is the first time I've cleaned the carpet I bought. It was brand new, just installed and someone broke into the house and left muddy foot prints on their white carpet. I was called to clean it up under the insurance claim. I had recently installed a kero heater and damn thing caused black death with my neptune hose.

Well, I took my time, cleaned and protected it, wishing it had went like that the first time.

Anyone else have to replace a carpet and get a chance to clean it later?

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I have had black death happen twice but both times I was able to clean it out, The carpets were darker in color so I guess I got lucky

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I was working in a nice home once and while cleaning in the MBR Neptune blew and spewed black death on the wall, bed and carpet. I felt terrible and told the lady who was a repeat customer that my insurance would take care of it. She told me not to worry about it she wanted to redecorate that room anyway. I figured that would be my last call from her, but she has moved since and I have cleaned for her a couple more times.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I 've had it happen but was always able to get it out. Ron you do know it can't be vacuumed out. :lol:

gene

S

sam miller

Never had a problem getting it out of carpet or Upholstery. Flat paint on a wall is a different story. Semi gloss no problem wipes right off.

Heavy duty soil lifter chemspec, or any citrus based spotter.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I didn't even know what caused the black until I started asking around.
Brought out a Carpet Inspector and he couldn't budge it
Talked with a guy that specializes in carpet dying, in his encounters with it he couldn't remove it either.
Guess I should have known you back then Gene. Could have saved me a lot of money and the owner inconvenience.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Werner said:
Guess I should have known you back then Gene. Could have saved me a lot of money and the owner inconvenience.

Prob'ly not, Ron.
I'm sure Gene's travel charge to CraggyRock Canada would of been mighty hefty...

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
You do know that you have to clean it out immediately. Throw that hose aside and hook up another, get some juice on it right away and reclean. I had it happen a couple of years ago on a freshly painted wall and I barely got it off within 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom