Revisit my app idea for the IICRC

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
This is an excellent idea, Mike. Glad you are in a position to push it. I agree that everyone benefits and could go a long way in making the Certified Firm registration fee seem like the value that it should be. (IICRC does not have dues.)

Like Matt, my thoughts went to the rug topics that many rug washing companies provide for their customer - white knots, curled edges, abrash, etc. A few folks have written these and sell them for a good price and byers see the value and are glad to pay. Cleaning tech should easily see the value.

I hope it takes some time to get this up and running. It will probably kill my consulting business.

I have written information on a number of those topics and would be glad to share whatever I can. Most would need some updating.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is an excellent idea, Mike. Glad you are in a position to push it. I agree that everyone benefits and could go a long way in making the Certified Firm registration fee seem like the value that it should be. (IICRC does not have dues.)

Like Matt, my thoughts went to the rug topics that many rug washing companies provide for their customer - white knots, curled edges, abrash, etc. A few folks have written these and sell them for a good price and byers see the value and are glad to pay. Cleaning tech should easily see the value.

I hope it takes some time to get this up and running. It will probably kill my consulting business.

I have written information on a number of those topics and would be glad to share whatever I can. Most would need some updating.
I would take whatever help you can offer Scott, especially the final editing

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Personally, I think our techs would use something like this quite frequently. We have always used a “carpet cleaning problems” document written by the CRI... it has a lot of the issues Mike listed previously and also includes a description, causes, and corrective measures.... I like the app better for ease of use and the ability to have pictures of examples of these conditions...

I personally have used it a ton for customer complaints... it’s helpful that it’s not a Steemer written document and verifies that I’m not making these things up (ie shedding,
Loose carpet, soil filtration, etc....)

All of our techs are provided tablets each day to use for their point of sale device so we could just put it on them and I don’t doubt it would be used...

Attachments

• Carpet Cleaning Problems Document.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 250

Mikey P

Administrator
App project has been approved and we'll be moving forward.

The IICRC is currently creating a whole new website and integrated platform form which to run the Institute. Its possible App capabilities may be included, if not Befound /Hoody will build and maintain the App once the content team creates the content.

I plan on running each "cheat sheet" by the group here for editorial comments.

My next step is to reach out to the shareholders to hopefully get some volunteers to meet once a week, if any of you would be interested, let me know.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This could be the best thing you could do for the IICRC.

The app is an obvious benefit.

The bigger benefit is the fact that it will give the IICRC the opportunity to be seen as relevant in the second decade of the 21st century, instead of being stuck in the 1980s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom