Rinse ?

Mikey P

Administrator
What is the matter with your chem pump?

If all you ever clean is apartment carpet than I could see always using the same rinse.

But what happens if half way through the fresh tank you run into some wool or cotton upholstery or tile/stone or you need to deal with a Kirby residue nightmare?

Npetersen

Name
Nick Petersen
Yeah that's a good point.. Not sure what's wrong with it but I've had so many dang repairs lately that didnt want to take it back in.. It's siphoning and priming just not metering and working when I'm cleaning.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I used to do that with my Big Red. I used to run just enough emulsifier to give it an edge, ie 1 cup in 200gal. When I switched to Judson juice, I would put about 32oz of O2 Rinse in 200gal. This was pre-board so I was unaware of siphon metering etc.

With my Judson, I have 2 jugs I meter from, one with O2 rinse, the other with a light emulsifier.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So you never had issues running through your system that way Ron?

I always assumed most products were designed for down stream injection and figured it would just clog your system like Cholesterol clogs my arteries. :shifty:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Interesting, I'd have been afraid of the HE getting plugged.

Not a problem with soft water.
Before that I did have problems with build up.
I can recall having to run a drill bit through the hose end connections
every time I had to change a quick disconnect to clear the build up.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So you never had issues running through your system that way Ron?

I always assumed most products were designed for down stream injection and figured it would just clog your system like Cholesterol clogs my arteries. :shifty:

Nope. I always got good heat from the HX I built for my Big Red. If you rely on the emulsifier alone for cleaning such that you dump in 2 or 3 cups, ie using as "directed", then I could see it clogging up. Also, from using a higher flow I am thinking a lot of it gets flushed out. I did find some flakes on my inline filters.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I run emulsifier through my freshy. It does cause some buildup. When it does, I fun a few freshy tanks with HM's Clear Water Rinse. Cleans it right up. In all reality, I only add stuff to my tank for the nice smell. Soft water would be just fine in 90% of my jobs.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea i run ro/di also but i didnt want to scare anyone off..its made out to be a bigger deal than it really is to set one up..piece of cake and MASSIVE benefits

Magic One

Prime,prime,prime. If not getting andy chemicals Your meter,hoses,3 way valve maybe sucking air.
also could be the seals and rubber in the last step chemical pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom