RIP Procyon Ivan

Mikey P

Administrator
88218Subject: In Loving Memory of Ivan

Dear clients and friends,

We are very sad to share with you the news that Ivan Day passed away on January 18th. We are enclosing his memorial announcement. We will miss Ivan’s warm heart and abundant enthusiasm, and we are dedicated to continuing his mission to manufacture and deliver the best “green” cleaning products.

Ivan was grateful for the opportunity to work with so many wonderful people throughout the cleaning industry, and counted so many of you as his friends

Ivan Francis Day (1957-2019)

With heavy hearts we announce the loss of our beloved founder and friend, Ivan Francis Day. He passed away on January 18, 2019, surrounded by those that loved him. A man with an uncommonly generous heart and indominable spirit, Ivan overcame hardship and committed himself to the important work of providing foster care for youth in need, and teaching the health benefits of “green” cleaning with his renowned Procyon® cleaning solutions. Over his 61 vibrant years, Ivan was a loving father, son, brother, uncle, cousin, and friend. Ivan provided foster care to children for over thirty-five years -- bringing positive, loving change to the lives of over 550 children. Through dedication, integrity, and perseverance over almost 40 years, he built a successful business that reaches around the globe. Soap Free Procyon® became a leader in environmentally-friendly cleaning products. Ivan’s legacy will continue for years to come through all the lives that he touched, and through all of our continuing work to assure a healthier world through green cleaning. A Memorial service is planned for Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 1pm to 4pm at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane, Washington.
Soap Free Procyon | www.soapfreeprocyon.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
View attachment 88218Subject: In Loving Memory of Ivan

Dear clients and friends,

We are very sad to share with you the news that Ivan Day passed away on January 18th. We are enclosing his memorial announcement. We will miss Ivan’s warm heart and abundant enthusiasm, and we are dedicated to continuing his mission to manufacture and deliver the best “green” cleaning products.

Ivan was grateful for the opportunity to work with so many wonderful people throughout the cleaning industry, and counted so many of you as his friends

Ivan Francis Day (1957-2019)

With heavy hearts we announce the loss of our beloved founder and friend, Ivan Francis Day. He passed away on January 18, 2019, surrounded by those that loved him. A man with an uncommonly generous heart and indominable spirit, Ivan overcame hardship and committed himself to the important work of providing foster care for youth in need, and teaching the health benefits of “green” cleaning with his renowned Procyon® cleaning solutions. Over his 61 vibrant years, Ivan was a loving father, son, brother, uncle, cousin, and friend. Ivan provided foster care to children for over thirty-five years -- bringing positive, loving change to the lives of over 550 children. Through dedication, integrity, and perseverance over almost 40 years, he built a successful business that reaches around the globe. Soap Free Procyon® became a leader in environmentally-friendly cleaning products. Ivan’s legacy will continue for years to come through all the lives that he touched, and through all of our continuing work to assure a healthier world through green cleaning. A Memorial service is planned for Saturday, February 23, 2019 from 1pm to 4pm at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane, Washington.
Soap Free Procyon | www.soapfreeprocyon.com
Very sad to hear of Ivan's passing. I have been using Procyon for the past 3 years or so and have really fallen in love with the product. It's my go to cleaning for all of my residential and my clients love it. I am sure Ivan will be missed greatly.

randy

Name
Randy
WoW, HE WAS YOUNG. What did he pass from ?
I remember when I used to run the old powder through the HF. Every time I called we would chat for 90 minutes. Very interesting guy. Used to order 4 50lb boxes at a time and for years it was my go to prespray.

Seems like we have lost way too many people in the last few years. I don't know, Maybe you just realize it when you get older.

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
I’m going to be pissed if he died from cancer

This is completely inappropriate so I apologize in advance.

The first time I met Ivan, in Atlanta I think, he wasn't looking good and my first thought was "that guy should probably stop drinking procyon"

I'm sure whatever disease he had wasn't remotely related but I just remembered him saying things like:

"Take a good look at your HOT water tank you will see the buildup" and you drink it! - I drink Procyon and have for 34 years ,you know that and I am still here and pushing 60 this year. So lets get down to what works and has credentials to support everything that they say. Corrosion has been in this industry for ever, it is a given and it is not going away."

Name
Lee Stockwell
This is completely inappropriate so I apologize in advance.

The first time I met Ivan, in Atlanta I think, he wasn't looking good and my first thought was "that guy should probably stop drinking procyon"

I'm sure whatever disease he had wasn't remotely related but I just remembered him saying things like:

"Take a good look at your HOT water tank you will see the buildup" and you drink it! - I drink Procyon and have for 34 years ,you know that and I am still here and pushing 60 this year. So lets get down to what works and has credentials to support everything that they say. Corrosion has been in this industry for ever, it is a given and it is not going away."
I thought the same thing Fred.

Reactions: Mikey P and FredC

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Last time I saw Ivan, Meg, Fred, Vawter and a giant bottle of Tequila we're all in the same room.

Cabo Wabo Tequilla.... sorry not sorry. I brought that up to the room he insisted on buying it off me for 100 bucks. Really nice man, he had a lot of awesome stories about traveling the road doing trade shows and other events. My deepest condolences to his family.

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Ivan, and men like him, are one of the many reasons that I love having spent my life in this industry.

Inventors and visionaries are often eccentric to put it mildly, or more than a bit crazy to say it more clearly. But it takes that type of mind to not only bring in new ideas, but also to fight against the overwhelming resistance of the status quo.

As I enter my sixth decade, I have been warmed by the kindnesses of the gentlemen and ladies in this industry, but confess I've been the most inspired and entertained by those that wore the clothing of sanity a bit more loosely about their persons.

Name
Matt Middleton
Ivan, and men like him, are one of the many reasons that I love having spent my life in this industry.

Inventors and visionaries are often eccentric to put it mildly, or more than a bit crazy to say it more clearly. But it takes that type of mind to not only bring in new ideas, but also to fight against the overwhelming resistance of the status quo.

As I enter my sixth decade, I have been warmed by the kindnesses of the gentlemen and ladies in this industry, but confess I've been the most inspired and entertained by those that wore the clothing of sanity a bit more loosely about their persons.
Well said.

randy

Name
Randy

That was really heart warming Jim. Like your Dad & Ralph Bloss Ivan had the gift of encouragement ,but was realistic about it at the same time. I wonder how many young people these " elder statesmen" kept from throwing in the towel in the early days of start-up. You knew they had really been through it, and it was comforting to NOT hear them telling you to run the other way.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We have a Kids raffle every year during CAD becuase of Ivan. The first one he pulled out a $100 bill and said lets make one of these kids day/ :( We are naming the raffle the Ivan Day Kids Raffle after him and will hold it as long as I am breathing. 2019 can KMA already and we havent even gotten through one month yet :(

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom