Roots 59 dual splash blower

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
For guys that have these, I have a question. How often do you have to replace the shaft seals? I seem to do be doing it yearly. I put on about 1200 hours a year. If I ever have to replace this blower, I might just switch back to the greased variety. Does anyone have an opinion on which variety they like best.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The Roots 59 on my WM is the least of my maintenance concerns. If I think of it I put in some lube every few months and change the oil every year or two. Nine years of daily use. It must not be dual splash.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, I'm guessing by Lee and Jeff's responses that the greased bearings are better? I always liked my 45 blower with the greased bearings.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
When I read the initial post on this thread, the first thing I looked for what the user profile, to see if the subject machine was a Powerclean Genesis.

Very rarely, I mean VERY rarely do you see this issue on anything but a Genesis, and you see it on a Genesis quite often. Other Blower maladies consistent with a Genesis are bent shafts, and bearing issues. The side loading is way too high, mainly due to insufficient traction and surface area for the belts. This requires way too much tightness of the belts.

The cure is a redesign of the pulley arrangement such that the pulleys are larger, and get more belt wrap with a proper tensioner.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So Shawn- Would you have any suggestions as to where I would go to have this issue rectified. Or who makes pullies to fit roots or the pully assembly for the Nissan?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
over 3000 hrs no problem with due splash . if you fix the tensioner so it pushes in instead of out you will get better contact with the pulley so you can use less tension. the idea is that the belt should have maximum surface contact. there is a formula for it but you'll have to google it. i'm to lazy

gene

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
When you rearrange the pulley system consider driving the Cat pump directly of the engine instead of the blower. It will reduce the strain on the blower belts so they will not have to be tight. I did this to my Powerclean Victory and have increased blower belt life from 400 to over 1000hrs and still going.
DSC00825.jpg

I did have to put a larger pulley on the alternator as this small one caused slippage.

Back
Top Bottom