Rotary cleaners

What is your approach when running a rotary tool?

Do you clean upstairs first then down?

Do you get everything that can't be cleaned with rotary first with wand and then hit with rotary or vice versa?

Do you go back and dry with a wand?

Do you just hack it out and skip corners, tight areas, and under furniture?

Do you hit everything you can with the rotary, and then just go back and dry as good as you can with the rotary?

Just trying to get a feel for what most are doing. I can see that running one really requires two people. It is more work, but I am sold on the benefits. I will only wand clean very lightly soiled carpets from now on. My only problem is I like to keep a fan and 175 on my truck. The RX takes up too much space. If I had to choose one over the other it would be the 175. I still think running a prescrub cleans great as well.

I clean everything first with the rotary and then come back with wand to get tight areas or under furniture. While cleaning with the wand I can dry the carpet out.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMO..a lot depends on your rotary....

Always start at the furthest point..so. if you are doing a 2 story house you want to start up stairs...

every home is different..most the time I can spray 2 or 3 rooms at a time and run the rotary in them and then if I need the wand I just set the rotary to the side and wand what ever I need...

99% of the time I do not have to use the wand to dry stroke...

corners are never dirty or worn out...if you pre-vac all the dust out of them..when you groom the carpet they all blend in.....I don't get to many tight areas..but when I do then you have no choice but to use the wand....

I don't have trouble under edges of beds and most things....

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5757.jpg

Try doing that with a RX........

normally I start in the door way and rotary into the room..I hit everything I can...If I think I need the wand I will disconnect the rotary at the furthest point and wand my way back out..If I don't need the wand then I will turn myself around and dry stroke the center with the rotary all the way to the door....

I don't know how you think it takes 2 people...most of us that use them have worked by our selfs for years doing this...it is only as complicated as you make it...

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i wand the edges/under furniture first,,then work my way into the room with the rx,, that Hoss is looking good,,, i like how it is a much lighter tool and out does the rx,,according to many who have used the hoss that is.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Do you move nightstands and block them or just get the open areas?

The Hoss does look impressive.

Have you heard about his back and neck issues????

I think he like the most of us, GO AROUND items.....unless asked, and thus paying for the extra time to move things...

Why do you need to "wet" clean under that??? when the home owner decides to move their shit it can get vacuumed...

couches, and a few small things in a family room or liv, we move....other then that.....why???

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Do you move nightstands and block them or just get the open areas?

The Hoss does look impressive.

They are informed when the job is booked that anything that they want moved they have to remove all breakable items in or on it...We ask them to take care of the little stuff..like little plant stands ..dinning room chairs...crap like that and I move the big stuff...

I do not move ..beds..entertainment centers....large dressers..china cabinets or things like size...
I don't mind moving some things...it is easier to slide it out of your way then go around it...But...I am not going to rearrange there entire house....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
floorguy said:
[Why do you need to "wet" clean under that??? when the home owner decides to move their shit it can get vacuumed...

couches, and a few small things in a family room or liv, we move....other then that.....why???

Very often the area between the nightstand and the bed has some horrific blobs from spills that you need to clean and sometimes stain magic. The rotary will just magnify that area while making everything else clean. You really need to pull the nightstand away if that is the case or at least reach under things with a wand.
IMG_5758.jpg

And to answer Danial's original questions I start upstairs with the 360i so I can use it on the stairs if necessary. Then I go back with an unglided wand and take out swirls and detail clean under furniture and edges and corners.moving as fast as possible, usually about a minute per room.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
floorguy said:
[Why do you need to "wet" clean under that??? when the home owner decides to move their shit it can get vacuumed...

Very often the area between the nightstand and the bed has some horrific blobs from spills that you need to clean and sometimes stain magic. The rotary will just magnify that area while making everything else clean. You really need to pull the nightstand away if that is the case or at least reach under things with a wand.
IMG_5758.jpg

And to answer Danial's original questions I start upstairs with the 360i so I can use it on the stairs if necessary. Then I go back with an unglided wand and take out swirls and detail clean under furniture and edges and corners.moving as fast as possible, usually about a minute per room.

He's right.......every once in a great while I will see a spill between the bed and night stand that the home owner did not point out....but for the for most..it is just dust and it gets vacuumed up....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

So true. Often for me it's more then dust. No need to move the furniture though, I use a 4" standup wand for those as well as a few edges and spotting. I run the rx on the whole thing then hit those areas with the small wand.

BTW: the Hoss is only 3 or 4 lbs lighter then the rx.

Albert

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I guess i should have clarified....Didnt know i had to spell things out

I am not a hack...if theres a spot or other stuffs, then yes i go get it....

but as Jim said....I dont go rearranging their house

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we rearrange the whole house . we move almost everything that is possible and even move some beds. it's quicker then you think with 2 people. just stand the mattress and box up on a wall and step inside and clean. we rotovac in and wand out.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom