Rotovac gives you more

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
So today Rotovac has launched a new 10” cleaning head for 360 and 360i. It delivers better performance than standard heads on troublesome jobs. Also suits stair cleaning. $395 and available now.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Also suits stair cleaning

:icon_rolleyes:

not verydamnwell I'd say

how is a 10" round head good for stair cleaning?
what do you do?
change tools for corners, bull nose and risers?
or just skip them?

...not to mention being a 40 pound rotary machine on steps being an accident waiting to happen....

did you make up the "suitable for stairs" on your own?
or is that marketing for morons from your butt buddies at rotocrap?

..L.T.A.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
:icon_rolleyes:

not verydamnwell I'd say

how is a 10" round head good for stair cleaning?
what do you do?
change tools for corners, bull nose and risers?
or just skip them?

...not to mention being a 40 pound rotary machine on steps being an accident waiting to happen....

did you make up the "suitable for stairs" on your own?
or is that marketing for morons from your butt buddies at rotocrap?

..L.T.A.

I do them with the tool laying down flat and with the handle bars at shoulder height and then when I get to the bottom I stand the tool up.

Rotovac have specified its a stair cleaning and general problem solving tool.

Why would that perform better than the stock 3 port head?

Well. My best performing tool is my upholstery tool. Why?

All the power and heat inside such a confined space. So the smaller we go, to more we confine our forces.

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Grant can you make a video of it in use on steps. I'd love to have the agitation and rinse ability but it does seem like a reach.

Do you have any past US presidents that agree it's great on steps? 😉

Reactions: GeeeAus

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I do them with the tool laying down flat and with the handle bars at shoulder height

got me curious now

do you drag it off the edge and let it "drop" down onto the next step?
if so.....You'll have a hard time convincing me a 7" drop on the head over and over is good for that machine

and do you hook up another tool to finish the steps?
cause any steps that need roto ext'r are trashed, and DAMNSURE need the bull nose, corners and riser cleaned too

Rotovac have specified its a stair cleaning and general problem solving tool

it figures ....

I might be a dumb drywall hanger, but I did drive past a Holiday Inn once a rocket surgeon slept at

..LT.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
got me curious now

if so.....You'll have a hard time convincing me a 7" drop on the head over and over is good for that machine

cause any steps that need roto ext'r are trashed, and DAMNSURE need the bull nose, corners and riser cleaned too

it figures ....

I might be a dumb drywall hanger, but I did drive past a Holiday Inn once a rocket surgeon slept at

..LT.A.
Agreed! You are a dumb drywall hanger. 😁

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
got me curious now

it figures ....

..LT.A.
What I did was..

Left the telescoping handles very short. Lay the machine out flat. Removed the plastic dome. Reinstalled the carry handle.

Sprayed stairs with HF coming down. Wanded risers going up. Put 360i on and cleanes treads coming down (machive was at the top of the stairs).

It was pretty quick as risers aren’t typically dirty. The treads were realky filthy it saved time and sweat.

I think my new wand will be better for tgis task.

With the machine is so short; it was easy to slide my hands down the frame and lift the unit down to the nexr step

Wanding is tiring, machining generally isn’t.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
The actual tool is coming soon, I checked it out today but wont post pics cause they might get mad.

That head is part of it, im getting one as soon as its released... awsome, everything u want in the operation of the old power wand with more production than 360 15inch

Nice and lightweight, get ready to trade in your XL

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I have 2 RVStairPros dedicated for stair cleaning. They use the 7" cleaning heads. I have extra cleaning heads choked down to 1 jet each, jet sizing .05/1.0/1.5/2.0/ &3.0 set up and interchangeable in seconds to meet most cleaning challenges.
I can contour right over the bull nosing to clean, then cuff them. Really soiled nosing, I break out the Kleenright hand piece to flush sideways, and do risers.
That cleaning head as pictured would not be capable of cleaning over the nosing as it does not have the ss 'puck' that fits to the distribution chamber.
Hopefully the production heads will come with the puck installed.

Reactions: The Great Oz

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I should mention that I have had the Power wand, 360,360i and the 360xl and the StairPros are my go to choice 9 times out of 10 for the jobs I am presented with.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I have 2 RVStairPros dedicated for stair cleaning. They use the 7" cleaning heads.
We also have two stair pros, but use them mostly for large commercial stairs. We have one account that has 93 carpeted steps (light gray) that vary from five to twenty feet wide. A wand can't touch the soil and I'd hate to try to RotoBrush them first.

Reactions: Rob Grady

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I use my quad 360i on stairs all the time. It makes quick easy work of heavily soil and worn steps.

I find the size is usually just right. Maybe a little overspray on the next step down if steps are a little narrow, but the nose seems to clean well.

Yes, I do go back over the steps with a stair tool to get the edges and risers, but that takes little time after the tough soil had been eliminated.

Just shorten the arm and lower it most of the way and the 360 becomes a dandy little stair tool. The Quad works well on stairs. However, I have never used a triple so I can’t tell you if it is as easy and effective or not. I have used the two head power wand on stairs, but I prefer using the 360i for steps.

I seem to have found a way to just slide the Rotovac down to the next step so there is no jolting to cause it damage.

Mikey P

Administrator
I use my quad 360i on stairs all the time. It makes quick easy work of heavily soil and worn steps.

I find the size is usually just right. Maybe a little overspray on the next step down if steps are a little narrow, but the nose seems to clean well.

Yes, I do go back over the steps with a stair tool to get the edges and risers, but that takes little time after the tough soil had been eliminated.

Just shorten the arm and lower it most of the way and the 360 becomes a dandy little stair tool. The Quad works well on stairs. However, I have never used a triple so I can’t tell you if it is as easy and effective or not. I have used the two head power wand on stairs, but I prefer using the 360i for steps.

I seem to have found a way to just slide the Rotovac down to the next step so there is no jolting to cause it damage.

This 10" sounds ideal for you

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
thanks Loren

You've been a full time working O/Op for over 40(?) years
and are mid/late 60s (?)
still using that heavy 3/8" Neptune steel braid
and using a heavy (relatively) rotary ext'r along with hand detail tool res stairs

all I can say is...dayum, you're one hellofaman...fo-reel

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
thanks Loren

You've been a full time working O/Op for over 40(?) years
and are mid/late 60s (?)
still using that heavy 3/8" Neptune steel braid
and using a heavy (relatively) rotary ext'r along with hand detail tool res stairs

all I can say is...dayum, you're one hellofaman...fo-reel

..L.T.A.
LOL. Yup. In my 49th year and am 69 years old. But I’m down to mostly only half days rather than full time now. Definitely slowing down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom