rotovac360i help

brendan

Name
brendan
hi,
used the brush head on my 360i today on a greasy restaurant,first time.I noticed the motor getting hot and smell of burning.
After a few hours the machine stopped working.Took it home and it starts to work but then trips electric,I' thinking it's the bushes.If they need changing will this trip the electrics are do i have other problems,thanks brendan

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I tink you'r fooked. Ya smel the burning? It an't jost the brushes that needs replacin.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
When I got my 360i in July last year it smelled of burning electrical as soon as I used it right out of the box. My wife asked if it was supposed to smell like that. It ran real hot and would bog down after 15 minutes on jobs and finally puked altogether after three weeks. Someone at Rotovac apparently put in wrong motors in a batch of units and they had to replace my machine. The new one runs perfect and cool after nine months.
So I think if it smells and stopped working, that is a bad sign but is unrelated to the wrong motor problem I had. I just don't think that little motor is appropriate for turning a carpet brush. Plus the brush is unnecessary when the vac heads are so aggressive to begin with.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art nailed it.....just not enough balls behind that motor to support running a carpet brush....

2 un-related problems.....and you probably toasted more then just the brushes.......

brendan

Name
brendan
hey Jim,haven't had a problem with the machine till now.First time using the brush head.Think it but to much strain on the motor?apart from that think there a great machine,i know your taught's on them lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
brendan said:
hey Jim,haven't had a problem with the machine till now.First time using the brush head.Think it but to much strain on the motor?apart from that think there a great machine,i know your taught's on them lol

I figured it was just from running that brush...little to much torque for that little motor....

the thicker the carpet the hotter it will get also....If you haven't done it already...cut that long 14 gauge cord off of it and put a male cord cap on it and get your self a 25 foot 12 gauge extension cord and run it off of that...it will also help to keep it a little cooler when your running it on thicker carpets....not much...but every little bit will help it....

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Nate The Great":3ae3ls4a]Isn't he running 220volts? I think It'd be different with our 110v...

360i is fed with 110 volts......[/quote:3ae3ls4a]

Oh, ok... I thought only the USA used 110volts and standard tools to try to be different with the rest of the world...

So he uses a converter to make it 110v or they have 110v in Ireland?

brendan

Name
brendan
hi
just a update on what happened with rotovac,they couldn't have been more helpful,tried to talk me threw a few things it could have been but still no joy.Any how they have no services dept over here in ireland so there sending new motor and circuit boards,ok pain machine broke but theses things happen and the way suppliers deal with it makes my stress levels ease.so fair play to them.....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
brendan said:
hi
just a update on what happened with rotovac,they couldn't have been more helpful,tried to talk me threw a few things it could have been but still no joy.Any how they have no services dept over here in ireland so there sending new motor and circuit boards,ok pain machine broke but theses things happen and the way suppliers deal with it makes my stress levels ease.so fair play to them.....
I like Rotovac. They have a gold mine with this 360i and they recognize it. This is by far the best carpet cleaning machine out there. If there are problems with it, and there will be, they take care of it to the end users satisfaction. Just don't cuss and curse at them like Crowley did.

brendan

Name
brendan
nope,,,,,,,,,all good,,,if they ,are another supplier where been tits about it id be here cursing them so its only fair to give credit when its due,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom