Rough draft of my new logo, any sugestions?

Name
Lyon
9u6eqatu.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ask yourself this: "Does having a cartoon make your company look professional or a joke?" sure cartoons are fun and friendly but what else is it saying subliminally to your target market? If you want Hi-end clients then maybe avoid the cartoon.?
If you want the name and number of my graphic design send me a private message.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Several years back when Maxcare was trying the vertical integration route they had an elephant as their representative on the side of there vehicles.
These were the big boys, the heavy hitters, I think they did their homework. If they used a character I don't know why other couldn't too. ???

fbb2be74-e698-48bf-9da7-cb901990103f_zps2c01c63f.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
What does an Elephant have to do with carpet cleaning? My statement about cartoons is Just my opinion-- And I could be totally Wrong!!
I laughed when a freind said I should hire an image couch or graphic designer to totally remake my business image... my Ego said, " Its my business and I know what im doing and business is great-- I dont need to change a thing!" Then a couple years later a friend who was going to school to be a grapic designer asked to revamp my Business image. WOW! what a real eye opener! I love our new image..
the moral is-- if you can afford it-- pay professionals to do their work while you earn money doing your work... If you are not a GDesigner-- then doing your own is the same a someone renting a rug doctor to clean their own carpet-- it will get done but not as good as hiring a Pro.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
people (mostly women) love animals… i understand why they used the elephant, they have strong trunks like our vacuum hoses. i see nothing wrong with it. i much rather look at that than some tech with a wand as a logo. animals and babies make marketing easy. knowing me, i wouldn’t be able to recall the name of the business, but i would be able to tell you it’s the company with the elephant… i have a friend with a gun shop. they used to use great danes in advertising. on many occasions, when i say i’m from vernon, people will say there’s a gun shop downtown, you know the one, they have great danes.

i think it works. amygeorge

smithbrothers

Name
Matt Brammer
What you want in a logo is 1) Needs to be distinctive and not confused with others, 2) instantly recognizable so people don't have to study it say "oh yeah, them", 3) transferable to different medium and black and white....t-shirts, letterhead, van, web, etc, 4) reinforces what your business is about. They are important in that order. I think your man is pretty good. Might be a bit hard to do in black and white. My be hard to implement in vector graphics if this was done by a 'painter'. Might alienate some people who will want to know why it is not a woman.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning
www.smithbrotherscarpetcleaning.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom