Rubber Gym Floor

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
I've got a couple bathrooms to do in a gym locker room. The floors are a very dense rubber with some hard water stains under the sinks and such. They're mainly concerned with the hard water stains.

What can I use for the hard water stains that would be safe floor the floors? I'm doing this Sunday evening so if I can use get something at a local hardware store would be great as the local carpet cleaning supply warehouses will be closed.

The floors really aren't too dirty. I just plan on using my regular carpet prespray on them and rinsing with the turbo around 800-1000 psi.

Does this sound ok?

Thanks

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
You will want to use an acid based product. Using an alkiline product like carpet pre spray will not do much to break up the mineral deposit. I be temted to use a product like rust remover or CLR and agitate with a brush or pad before rinsing. I think on a rubber floor the main products you want to avoid will be the super high alkiline products like degreaser, amonia, and floor stripper

Chris A

Name
Chris
The turbo is probably gonna be hard to move on that rubber even with the vac release. We use a glided wand and regular cleaning pressure of 400 or so to avoid splatter.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I install gym floors. I think if you can find out who it is made by it will help you find the proper cleaner for that floor. I know in the black rubber gym floors they want you to use there product which is nuetral Ph

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom