Rug Fag Tour Fun Facts

Mikey P

Administrator
or at least my very credible sources says they are facts...

Rug Lovers Tour of the DC area.
40 Rug Fags pay $600 plus flight and accommodations and car rental and lost wages
Tour a textile museum
Tour a well known rug plant
Attend a round table discussion led by Dusty, SpongO and Paul Lucas

Fun fact #1 -No rugs or related textiles at the museum. Hawaiian quilts and Danish napkins are on the display that week.

Fun Fact #2- 40 RF's are promptly kicked out of said Plant when they arrive by one super angry Armenian owner.

Fun Fact #3- Feeling dejected and ripped off the group is taken back to the hotel where a impromptu round table is attempted but the Hotel manager kicks them out for not reserving a room to do so..

Fun Fact #4- One RF group member is told that if he offers to lead a free tour of his plant to the disappointed members with out letting Dusty, SpongO and Luca profit from it he will be ousted from the group and denied their premium well formulated products.

Love it.

FredC

Village Idiot
l.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
so who organized this the extravaganza ...er....trAin wreck?

i thought i liked Paul Lucas .
why's he slummin with Dustbin and the carnival barker bOngo??

..l.T.A.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I wasn't at the DC rug tour but I did go to the Pittsburg one. I felt like I got 10 times the value I paid for the weekend. Paul Lucas , Lyn Tall, Nathan Koets have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to cleaning. We got to see Nathan and Paul in the wash pit cleaning several types of rugs and lyn Tall and Barry are amazing at rug ID. There was some great hands on rug repair sessions. Lisa Wagner and Mark Kennedy had plenty to contribute not to mention several rug cleaners from around the US and other countries who also shared what they knew with us. The owner of the shop who hosted us gave us free reign of his place. He let us look over all the rugs he had including one from 1720. He also offered his repair and restoration service to us on any rugs we wanted to send him at prices where we could still make a great profit .

many here were at the DC tour and came back to Pittsburg so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom