rug pad residue..

Mikey P

Administrator
you guys see this much?

20120925_141606_zps3ce7c45e.jpg

20120925_141657_zps52bf4466.jpg

it also damages wood floors, glazed tiles and any finished/waxed flooring.

I give the Nomuv speech about twice a week these days..

caused by this sort of crap.

20120925_142912_zps68727101.jpg

My blog about the issue..

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I was able to get the residue off the lower picture.
Top pic Is not so much a residue.. like Ron said appears to be off gasing discoloration

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Here's a pic of a durahold pad we replaced this year, had to use a putty knife to get the stuff off the floor. Owner claims they rolled the rug and pad out and never did a thing to the floor ?

View attachment 589

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Usually sticky pad residue reacts best to alcohol, which won't damage anything but a wax finish.

Randy, they may have done nothing to the floor, but I'll bet they poured a lot of stuff into the rug.

PS: The SGS3 does take great pictures.

PPS: I just noticed a red flag at the top of the page that says I have 282 notifications. Am I a bad MBer or is that a glitch? I'm afraid to look.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Bryan, they claimed to have never cleaned or spot cleaned the rug and there was no water marks/ stains on the rug or pad the large round spots where where a TV stand was but most of the heavy stuff resulted in the same issue the pad stuck to the floor even under the sofa.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
From what I know if there were no liquid spills. Most likely they had there floors redone, they probably did not allow proper curing time.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm very familiar with sticky goo that rubber pads can turn into, which is why we stopped selling rubber twenty years ago. It's made a strong comeback because it's easier to sell as a "natural" product than take the time to educate the consumer about the superior expanded vinyl products.

Typically though, a felted pad will absorb a little goo from a rubber coating since the coating is so thin. When the rubber breaks down it will then only leave a dusty residue.

I suppose it's possible that furniture of great weight could compress the felt so much that it couldn't absorb the natural rubber goo, but I still think there's more to the story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom