Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
is going to start making Host the recommended cleaning system for
SmartStrand. Can anyone confirm this?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
THis was all I could find : A wet/dry vacuum cleaner is the best way to effectively remove stains. Use the attachment with the best suction and vacuum as much of the stain as possible, continuing to add water to the stain as you go. Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove. For the best results, use Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Spot Remover and Cleaning Kit.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Mohawk recommends professional hot water extractionevery 12 to 18 months using cleaning products, equipment or systems that carrythe Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval. (Visit www.carpet-rug.org for a complete list of certifiedproducts.) Periodic cleaning by a certified carpet care professional using thehot water extraction method will refresh carpet appearance.

Not sure what would force a change.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know fabrica already recommends host system. Pisses me off because its crap

Fabrica also says: Sometimes, a more aggressive method of soil and stain removal is necessary, such as the Hot Water Extraction method. This method is ideal when properly performed by a certified professional

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I know fabrica already recommends host system. Pisses me off because its crap

Host or Fabrica carpet?

Fabrica used to be somewhat famous in the 80s for problems with dyebleeding of their over-tufted carpet and rugs, and tried to shunt all complaints to the company that did the dyeing for them. That could be the source of their affinity for Host and fear of slow drying.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I am set up with several retailers on maint programs and the fabrica tri fold in their binder full of info they give says to maintain the carpet using the host system. I read through the entire folder and saw no mention of hwe

Doesn't matter because they want the free cleaning the retailer is giving for a year so I'm it for them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I am set up with several retailers on maint programs and the fabrica tri fold in their binder full of info they give says to maintain the carpet using the host system. I read through the entire folder and saw no mention of hwe

Doesn't matter because they want the free cleaning the retailer is giving for a year so I'm it for them.

This Fabrica trifold says HWE for pro cleaning.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I do think when it come to polyester fibers the mills need to come out with better standards on how to clean it. I used to hate polyester because I had so much trouble cleaning it. a couple tweaks to my methods has fixed my problems with it for the most part. and the mills had nothing to do with showing me anything about having a better system to clean it.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well Mohawk makes a lot of carpet for planes. They were trying to use Host on the planes and gave up on that. I am teaching a CCMT at their mill in April.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Believe it or not host special job is the only thing I have found that can defeat the black traffic areas that appear on the smartstrand.
One of the properties I work at uses smartstrand and this is a section 8 property and the smartstrand gets trashed and the host is all that gets it kinda clean.

Scott Rogers

Believe it or not host special job is the only thing I have found that can defeat the black traffic areas that appear on the smartstrand.
One of the properties I work at uses smartstrand and this is a section 8 property and the smartstrand gets trashed and the host is all that gets it kinda clean.

Is it actually the host getting the results though or the agitation? Have you tried using the host machine to agitate a quality prespray and then HWE?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I bet it is the physical action/ friction. Just like when using a pad / encap. It can blast trough trashed hallways better than HWE. I correlate it to when you go to the carwash. You can blast your car with tons of high pressure hot water. But it's that weasely foam brush, touching the vehicle that easily loosens the soil.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Bill:
Please try to get some information regarding their recommended maintenance and restorative methods while at their mill.

My private attempts to do so have gone completely ignored.

They obviously don't know who I am!

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Just another way to cover there ass. Most upholstery furniture says to dry Clean as well. When will a manufacturer really back up there warrantee. Not as long as there is everyone else to blame.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom