Rumor has it that the mills are wanting to work with "us" again

Mikey P

Administrator
everyone that has a lick sense and isn't butt sniffing Mikey worshiper
(and/or has a financial interest in your coat tails) 😉

..L.T.A.

Im wondering why you had to take a conversation about advertising honesty in that direction.

The IICRC is very excited about this.

I am not.

I wont cottle to the mills so that registrants can get referrals.

I dont have a say in the matter actually.

To say, I'm disappointed in your reactions in this thread would be putting it lightly.

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
Your siding with the manufacturers Larry because you yourself snooker customers about the durability of ( some) the products you're installing.

Call me an idealist but I believe in truth in advertising.

and not the F em all, let gawd sort them out mentality you are clearly displaying.
You’re got to have to explain it to me because I don’t find it to be all that “clear “.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
It’s not what the mills are making. It’s not what the consumers are buying. It’s the absence of the compassionate cleaner.

The dirtball lifestyles and the cheap flooring products have taken the compassion out of the cleaner.

FredC

Village Idiot
Well I for one am glad there are "Toyota" options....

I only have a couple rooms with laminate, the cheapest HD had at the time installed by me, and it's been down for a decade. No peaking to speak of....

The "waterproof" in the pergo product means you can mop it not build a submarine out of it. The way it clicks together is an important part of that system so just soaking the bare HDF in chemicals they tell you not to use isn't a very good test IMO. I probably wouldn't install it in a bath but possibly a kitchen.

Most of the fd up laminate I see is from shitty installs or in locations other flooring wouldn't fare well either like the dog pissing on it all the time

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
To say, I'm disappointed in your reactions in this thread would be putting it lightly.

that you want to take on the mills because you have the unpleasant task of informing your custys they bought crap instead of good stuff?
Or that the installer screwed the pooch
Or they didn't read the care and cleaning instructions and used the wrong chems/methods?

are you part of IICRC?
then why don't you stay in your lane and go after all the chitfck cleaners in the biz?

Maybe there won't be so many of these in closets then

1670205853983.png

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
that you want to take on the mills because you have the unpleasant task of informing your custys they bought crap instead of good stuff?
Or that the installer screwed the pooch
Or they didn't read the care and cleaning instructions and used the wrong chems/methods?

are you part of IICRC?
then why don't you stay in your lane and go after all the chitfck cleaners in the biz?

Maybe there won't be so many of these in closets then

View attachment 119416

..L.T.A.

No offense Larry, but you're clueless about this industry and the politics behind it.

Which I never talk about here.

But I dont doubt your misplaced sincerity.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
No offense Larry, but you're clueless about this industry and the politics behind it.

no offense taken, because that's the first true comment you've made about me on this thread.

I have no doubt there's plenty politics and skullduggery though.
Happens anytime/anywhere competing intere$t$ are involved

Which I never talk about here.

why not? (honest question)
'cause you sure used to (the board was born on it)
but changed as you became one of the "insiders" yourself.

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
no offense taken, because that's the first true comment you've made about me on this thread.

I have no doubt there's plenty politics and skullduggery though.
Happens anytime/anywhere competing intere$t$ are involved

why not? (honest question)
'cause you sure used to (the board was born on it)
but changed as you became one of the "insiders" yourself.

..L.T.A.
Why not?

Because friends and co-horts tell me things in confidence.

Yep, Im an insider now.

and you used to be a carpet cleaner.

and Ill assume you use to have enough morals that you wouldn't lie on behalf of the mills and manufacturers.

btw, there is no lying going on when I sell and perform VLM.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The iiCrc is being greated with open arms in Dalton.

Forgive me for being sceptic but how long can a restored relationship last if one of the partners is constantly harping on and exposing the others garbage?

I've been through this a few times in my life, and each time there were very high hopes, and in the long run, little accomplished.

I won't say nothing was accomplished, as mills no longer recommend Host as the best cleaning system for carpet, or Bane Clene operators using low heat and low pressure.

Still, all in all, this is what seems to be the result of these efforts:

The Six Phases of a Project:

1. Unbounded enthusiasm,
  2. Total disillusionment,
  3. Panic, hysteria and overtime,
  4. Frantic search for the guilty,
  5. Punishment of the innocent, and
  6. Reward for the uninvolved.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Things get recycled over the years eh?

The IICRC wants mills to get involved in helping promote Certified Firms. The Seal of Approval program seems to have fallen by the wayside as well, so maybe mutual support will pump up both programs.

Good can come from being friendly. Mills heard complaints about the legitimacy of the SoA program and included some cleaners to help fix some flaws.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I suppose you are OK wiht this deceptive advertising.

Im not.

Heck, just like the baseboard trim stuff that swells if any moisture gets to it.

Heck, even furniture nowadays. sawdust with glue. I know you are talk ing pergo, but all the same crap

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've been through this a few times in my life, and each time there were very high hopes, and in the long run, little accomplished.

I won't say nothing was accomplished, as mills no longer recommend Host as the best cleaning system for carpet, or Bane Clene operators using low heat and low pressure.

Still, all in all, this is what seems to be the result of these efforts:

The Six Phases of a Project:

1. Unbounded enthusiasm,
  2. Total disillusionment,
  3. Panic, hysteria and overtime,
  4. Frantic search for the guilty,
  5. Punishment of the innocent, and
  6. Reward for the uninvolved.
They accomplished a book we can buy for $200

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom