Rumors of a new trade show in Vegas this coming January.

Mikey P

Administrator
Practically free for vendors and cleaners, hourly give A ways, free food and beer, strippers you name it.

and no, not an IICRC show.

Spill the beans oh' quite one.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Oh well, I'm going in Sept for whatever the new show is called and then again in March to see Celine again with another couple for a buddy's 50th.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
glad to hear your going in September though.

What do you say we find a carbon fiber bong down on the strip, hook up with Eckman and get really shit faced then crash the Mytee buffet party?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
glad to hear your going in September though.

What do you say we find a carbon fiber bong down on the strip, hook up with Eckman and get really shit faced then crash the Mytee buffet party?

Use a rotary off-cut. :winky: :eekk:

Man, that would really give one a good blast. :icon_twisted:

:very_drunk:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
If there truly is a trade show for January they would have to let the exhibitors know pretty quickly. IICRC is the only one investigating a show and I don't think they are ready. Think it is just a rumor.

Mikey P

Administrator
Harry and his acronym cronies want nothing to do with this ICE ([FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Industry Cleaning Experts) group for some reason.[/FONT]

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
If there truly is a trade show for January they would have to let the exhibitors know pretty quickly. IICRC is the only one investigating a show and I don't think they are ready. Think it is just a rumor.

Bill;

It is going to start one day after Surfaces . . .

The show will be two full days Thursday January 30th(9-5 pm) and Friday (9-4pm)

South Point Hotel on the south end of the strip. Rooms will be $55.00 a night including resort fee. Google the hotel the place is awesome with a 16 screen movie theater and a 64 lane bowling alley.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Why wouldn't ICE let the news out BEFORE Connections so vendors can have a choice NOW?

I would think many won't do both shows AND come to Frisco.

although all day trade show and a $20 cover charge sounds good.

I wonder what the class content will be..?

Last edited:

randy

Name
Randy
With a month and a half to go until Connections, thats a lot of empty booths...

I notice a few missing, notably CTI/Full Circle, Hydramaster, Mytee..

View attachment 2428

One of my vendors was told the Experience show may fold before the next Spring tradeshow if they don't do much better than last Falls Connections. Another bomb like the Clearwater show and they are done. Good to see other options starting to percolate as I don't see them making it work. The same old Connections management is behind the Experience. They destroyed Connections, a new name on the same bullshit event isn't going to fly. A bunch of cleaners showing up for a free tradeshow won't cut it financially. You have to get a bunch of guys laying out the $450 to attend the entire program as you can only charge the vendors so much. The educational programs keep getting weaker and weaker and then that idiot KeyNOTE speaker last year. They replaced the original schedule with those multi-level marketer guys. Bad move, horrible really. Renting the entire convention center at the LVH isn't cheap. People always wonder why it's held at a hotel that was't exactly new when Elvis was performing there. Our industry isn't big enough to rent the Convention center and few hotels have the space for out size show. If you have alway wanted to attend the Vegas show, you better go this year as it very well could be the last one. Connections has been a money loser for a few years now, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Money looser for who? The venders? Or the management and cronies?

I always see the newer Model Segway from year to year, I don't think management is loosing I think this is their big ticket item for the year.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Bill;

It is going to start one day after Surfaces . . .

The show will be two full days Thursday January 30th(9-5 pm) and Friday (9-4pm

South Point Hotel on the south end of the strip. Rooms will be $55.00 a night including resort fee. Google the hotel the place is awesome with a 16 screen movie theater and a 64 lane bowling alley.

Larry
Larry, so who is sponsoring this show?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's my understanding that its a collaboration of non profit Cooper haters willing to offer booths in trade for products to be given away. The whole event, classes and all will only cost the cleaner $20 per head.

The IICRC was given a chance to get on board but refused because Tony would have to pay for his own Segway. :p

Mikey P

Administrator
Four people now have told me the Mytee John is the one soliciting vendors for the event.

John was always asking me to do something like this with Mikefest which while it is a great Idea, I just don't have the time, funds or ability to pull off a show this large.

It will be interesting to see if he does.

I wish him luck.

I myte even trade him a banner to help promote the event.

Mikey P

Administrator
Concerned that Jon Don does not know about it yet.

Also the vendors I spoke to who say they have no plans to attend, would be suspiciously missing from a carpet cleaners convention..

I'm getting the feeling that only FOMs are being invited.

Mikey P

Administrator
The official word from the IICRC is they want to do their own show They have something in the works which will continue to be a non profit unlike Cooper's new show which only profits HIM. So when Mytee approached them to jump on, Mytee made it clear that they didn't want anybody to know that they, and only they, are the ones putting on this new (portable) show in January.

Now why do you think John does not want vendors to know he is behind it all?

Hmmmm....
thinking.gif

The IICRC is trying hard to get away from the decades worth of lies, hidden agendas, stolen funds and so forth, so going to them with yet another lie was not the best idea.

THIS IS A SMALL INDUSTRY remember that. :redface:

My suggestion to John would to be HONEST about it all, let the potential vendors know NOW so they can pick and choose what shows to go to in the upcoming months AND to wait and see how the Experience shows play out, like Randy Royer says, if September's show does not do GREAT, Cooper is done. He no longer can let the others take the financial fall of a loss. It will all be on him. If it does well than the vendors and cleaners will have to choose from a IICRC show, Frisco, Surfaces, ISSA and even my party all in the 1st quarter of 2014.

Myteefest will be a co-op like setting for the vendors with everybody kicking in for the venue.Booth cost will be low but still an expensive show to attend regardless with vegas union workers still needing to get paid to unload your booth supplies, employee expenses, travel, shipping to and fro, giveaways etc, for as a rule, still no traceable return on investment.

With the current lousy state of affairs this industry is in, vendors I speak to really only want to go to one big show a year. Will this be the one?

Doubtful...

No Jon Don, no Interlink, no Legends, no Prochem... When the 4 biggest companies around are either not invited or don't want to come it's not a good sign.

I have high hopes for what the IICRC can do. In reality all they really need to do is the opposite of what Cooper did.

Classes taught by actual cleaners, no infomercials, no speakers from outside the industry, day long tradeshow, in a great location, complete transparency of where funds are going.

and for gawd's sakes quit wasting time with these dying Associations. 1970 is over so quit letting these technophobe dimwits rule our industry tradeshow.

http://youtu.be/QblkQ-J6zio

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Just like forums, how many trade shows does this industry really need...

1 a year maybe 1 specific to restoration.

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree Shane

One big show a year in Vegas.

East coast, west coast, wet, dry, north, south, associations, internets, franchise, O/Os, restoration, porty hacks...

One good show can cover it all and then some.

CADs and small parties like mine are fine and all but manufacturers should be spending money on RnD and customer service, NOT the twenty to thirty grand it takes to come to these shows just to show you are alive and thriving.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would only think a huge vendor doing inside multi booths and outside booths would have costs anywhere near that Mike. Most probably get by with it being 3-4 k.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom