RV360i shill or good tool...

TimP

Ryan said:
You can talk all you want Mikey, call names and make fun of peoples businesses, but at the end of the day numbers don't lie.

The average 175 scrubber weighs 75 pounds. A 360 weighs what 35?

With the 175 your scrubbing with either and aggressive brush or pad while the 360 only has a few inches of vac slots and nylon balls on the carpet. Its just common sense that the 175 would agitate better, the a couple passes with a good wand will suck all that crap right up. The biggest plus I could see from coming from a Rotovac is something that could make your business look somewhat proprietary.

The problem with the bet is your going to say your side won and everyone else will say their side won. How about we do the test double blind. A neutral party sets up two equal sizes of equally trashed carpet. Both carpets are presprayed with the same prespray and given the same amount of time to be cleaned. Then the cleaners leave and the carpets are raked and put on display. No one will know which tool cleaned which carpet, then everyone can vote for the best one.

If you do that I'm in for a $100.

A 175 is in the ball park of 100 lbs

When you're talking about pressure of agitation you have to take into consideration surface area. The slots and balls have less surface area and are able to penetrate the carpet fiber better than a pad. A pad has more surface area so the pressure is less than what you think cause the weight is spread over the entire pad surface. That's why you can scratch things off with a scraper that a wash cloth couldn't get.

I agree with the problem of judging. The way Mikey wants to judge will work in his favor cause the 360i will be able to suck deeper into the fiber than a glided wand and the agitation will pull more fibers out.

Now if Meat uses a non glided wand I don't think there will be much of a difference either way depending on how long and fast (chop strokes) Meat scrubs. With a glided wand you can't get the fibers and extraction all the way down the fibers like you would with a slot like a 360i has or a regular wand, not to mention the difference in surface are when comparing wand lips to glide lips. Because of this the rotary extractors without glides get deeper into the fiber compared to glided wands. So there is more over all extraction of fibers and dirt compared to a glided wand. You'll see more removal of hair and fiber, and some extra dirt that is buried in the fibers.

I've gone back to cleaning with the rotary extractor myself. Because I know the whole fiber is getting scrubbed and it digs out the lower layers of dirt grime and it also gets up hairs especially pet hairs. A glided wand can't do this even with a pad scrub, it might with a brush but still a glided wand has difficulty sucking deep into the fibers. And I'm not going to go without my glide.

Now based on appearance there wont be no clear winner or loser. And if using an unglided wand I don't know if there will be any difference either way. The way the rotovac or a rotary extractor wins out is because of not having to put the energy into cleaning, no chop stroke and no fighting of unglided wands.

BTW you can't do the weight for a test, because you have to know that there is exactly the same amount of soil on each side before cleaning. And you have to know that each side of carpet weighs exactly the same. And in my opinion you can't control both variables unless you take a clean piece of carpet weight them both being clean and adding the same exact amount of dirt. Then looking at the change in weight once they were dry. And somehow I don't think the test would replicate real world conditions.

Ryan

Most sensible Pro360i argument yet.

I think if the carpets are really trashed and the time given to clean in is low for the SF of carpet there will be a visual difference. We could even let cleaners pry apart the fibers and look to see if each carpet has been "deep cleaned". As long as they don't actually know which carpet was cleaned by which person.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To get a few seconds away from the drama, if I may:

Those of you that use the 360 regularly and have done so for a while: Does the side to side motion effects your wrist?
It is a motion that seem to go against the way wrists work under weight, continuously applied motion and pressure.

And please all the over saturated testosterone macho types (yes the ones whose blood start boiling when one mentions ergonomics) don't bother to answer.
This is geared towards us mortal types.

Serious answers are requested, as I love my wrist (I admit it!)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Forget the rotovac wand. waste of time, money and water.

Get a well formulated portable, a 175 rpm floor scrubber with a 1.5 hp motor, a shampoo brush and a decent 2 jet (AW29) wand with a glide on it.

And pay attention here.
Biggest let down- the Mighty ReSoil.
Second biggest- Rotovac

Biggest oomph-Glides
Second- Vortex.

Oh how times change

TimP

kolfer1 said:

Those of you that use the 360 regularly and have done so for a while: Does the side to side motion effects your wrist?
It is a motion that seem to go against the way wrists work under weight, continuously applied motion and pressure.

And please all the over saturated testosterone macho types (yes the ones whose blood start boiling when one mentions ergonomics) don't bother to answer.

Yes a rotary extractor is easier on the wrists than a glided wand. If someone says different they don't know how to run one. A gentle lift up and down on the handles moves the machine side to side. Opposite direction of hands moves the machine forward and back. The bars should be adjusted so that when standing the machine hovers in place. There is no forecfull pushing or pulling involved. Your shoulders may hurt but after a while the new muscles you're using will adapt.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
kolfer1 said:

Ofer you get a 100% 7 day money back guarantee when you order it from me. No one has returned one. (Adam and Jim did send the brush head back though)

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I don't have a 360i, but I do often use the original rotovac. I have also had the advantage over most of using a Powermatic with an unglided Steam Way wand for many a year.

Maybe it depends on what machine you have, how your run it, and assuming you use cleaning agents similarly.

Even with a fuel oil burner and one flood jet 2 inches from the carpet putting out 2 gallons per minute with a fully enclosed scrub wand, I used to chop stoke myself to death in some areas to get maximum cleaning performance. (contrary to popular belief, there is plenty of cleaning taking place. It is not just rinsing)

You heat exchanger guys will not know what I am talking about.

There had to be an easier way to achieve maximum cleaning, so I found these bulletin boards a decade or so ago in order to find info on rotary extractors.

It took me a year or two to trust the original Rotovac, but you have to understand what dwell temperature on the carpet fiber can do for you in some situations. (I am only assuming the 360i can duplicate the original counter rotating dual chamber Rotovac)

HIGH TEMPERATURE CLEANING combined with WATER FLOW will make it possible for you to advertise that you are the BEST CLEANER IN TOWN and that NOBODY WILL OUT CLEAN YOU (all other things being equal).

The best high temperature truck mounts with the right rotary extractor will give you all the agitation you need (and may outperform dry vacuuming for the time spent), but also the heat at the fiber you won't get otherwise very easily. This system will also restore the appearance of the fibers beyond the wand alone.

But don't take my word for it. Give it a try.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

They didn't return it because you keep moving to another, undisclosed address.
Right?

Thanks John, I'll bear that in mind. Right now I have too many things happening at the same time, to even consider a new tool.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Loren those heat chambers on the original is one of the reason I think the original is better plus the 360 leaks everywhere

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
kolfer1 said:

no in fact 1 of my wrists, has been hurting...granted wanding doesnt bother it but neither does the RV....In fact i was trying to be machin and hold my fat ass on a rope swing at the pool (a few times mind you :oops: :oops: :oops: ) and hurt my shoulder bad....wanding all but killed me (granted i pushed through, but was a sore camper) ...and the RV gave it a break...i was glad i got 1...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom