RW

Magic One

Did you meet your new carpet cleaning neighor? He parks his van on Mahoning Ave. 2 rooms for $50. I rather drink beer an watch tv for those prices.

Name
I'm Rick James
Do you think he is doing that on purpose to mess with the "real" cleaners?

We have a local guy that is cheap but he does very good work.. Is he a business wiz??? Hell no, but he's living his version of the American Dream and its hard to poo on a guy for doing that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Why would you thnk that is bait and switch? Until mid 2009 we priced at 2 rooms for $49.99 and 5 rooms $99.00. No bait no switch there was no other option price wise other than SG etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Name
I'm Rick James
Ken Snow said:
Why would you thnk that is bait and switch? Until mid 2009 we priced at 2 rooms for $49.99 and 5 rooms $99.00. No bait no switch there was no other option price wise other than SG etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sorry should of put a ? at the end of that. Its was a question I was asking.

Name
I'm Rick James
I havent..

I was trying to figure out what was wrong with the guy charging 2 areas for $50. He either does a bad job or a B&S.. but if he's legit and does good work then whats the conflict? Hes his own man.. making his own money and damn how can you not respect someone like that.

As my local competitor just found out, it doesnt matter what you charge if you dont back up your product with a quality and ethical business practices. It also doesnt make you better than someone else too. ;)

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've seen it before... :lol:

140.jpg

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Magic One said:
Did you meet your new carpet cleaning neighor? He parks his van on Mahoning Ave. 2 rooms for $50. I rather drink beer an watch tv for those prices.
ok, what do you charge for two rooms? If they are two bedrooms with beds in them you might be only cleaning 150 sq ft. of actual carpet.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Magic One said:

Yes, Jimmy....I know him. His name is Justin. I believe he talked to me and my son before getting into CC'ing. He worked at GM, and took the buyout offer years ago. He then moved to Florida and started a CC business down there, then moved back here.

He seems to doing alright. He also started a business renting out power washers to homeowners. I haven't talked to him about that, but I will when I see him again.

(Jimmy....are you drinking beer and watching TV at home???....or the fire station? )

Magic One

Hi Robert. Drinking beer at the the square dancing club. I haven't cleaned 2 rms for $50 since the 80's. Some knuckle heads wonder why you get price shoppers? This is Y. Get a nice van and TM, do good work and the busines will come. I do no advertising, no lettered van. Most work by word of mouth, I have more work than I can handle.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Magic One said:
Hi Robert. Drinking beer at the the square dancing club. I haven't cleaned 2 rms for $50 since the 80's. Some knuckle heads wonder why you get price shoppers? This is Y. Get a nice van and TM, do good work and the busines will come. I do no advertising, no lettered van. Most work by word of mouth, I have more work than I can handle.

You probably saw that van in front of Chippers Sports Bar. He parks it there every weekend.

I believe HE was having a few beers and watching TV!!

The Vice Squad closed down my favorite hangout last night to confiscate his "video poker" machines. The State of Ohio really doesn't like to see these machines in bars, or anywhere in Ohio, but they are on every corner. (Ohio doesn't want competition with it's Lottery.) They can't legally pay you for winning, but can give you gas cards and such if you win. I think my bar was paying off the winners.

And I just hit $75 on Keno there Thursday night.

Magic One

Robert we can go to Bill's place. I bet you would rather go to the strip club on Javett Ct. Save the $75 for Vegas Connections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom