RX 20 and Rotovac 360i Leaving Lines

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
On filthy commercial carpets, we use our RX 20 to clean, but we are having problems with it leaving 'stripes' in commercial glue down carpets. We find the same thing with our Rotovac 360i in filthy residential carpets. Is there a way to avoid this or remove them?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you have 2 different machines that are doing the same thing then it is probably the way they are being ran....

slow down and watch the over laps......

you should over lap at least 1/3 of the diameter of the head....

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Clean your jets they are clogged. Infact get a filter and put it on the line before the rx or rotovac brass valve.

F

FB7777

I agree with Jim. Slow down .

The jets don't cover the entire area as it it is rotating, move to fast and you will make Spirograph circles

I'm sorry but rotary is a lot slower than wand so yes you need to slow down and check jets. I have five jets instead of three which helps clean a little faster.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
I'm sorry but rotary is a lot slower than wand so yes you need to slow down and check jets. I have five jets instead of three which helps clean a little faster.

one of these days someone really needs to sit you down and teach you how to set up and clean with a rotary....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:
danielc said:

one of these days someone really needs to sit you down and teach you how to set up and clean with a rotary....

no chit....

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
I failed to communicate. The lines are not dirt lines, plugged jets, etc. The lines are due to the carpet pile being stood up in one direction according to the rotation of the head and pressed down in the other. The pile is up down up down up down, leaving an appearance of a striped pattern.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
On residential they just brush right out......

On CGD..thats just the way it is...every rotary will do it...after a few vacuums and being walked on it normally sets back down.....

the direction the head is spinning is what does it...the head is spinning clockwise and when you go to the left you are going against the spin and it is pushing it up....

you can work it so this does not happen by working backwards from the furthers point and start on your right and go left..bring it down past that cleaning line and go right...bring it up to the cleaning line...over lap 1/3 and go left...this will set most of it one direction....but to be honest..its not worth it..it all goes back and I have never had one single complaint about it....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohh like this??

2012-04-05_02-13-02_844.jpg

like jim said...it is what it is....

even on res carpets you can kind of see it

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Daniel the thing you are missing in the equation is to what level of clean. you can certainly wand a carpet faster. i only use the rotary when a carpet is really dirty and then the rotary is faster. you could still wand it faster but it won't be as clean.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Sonrise1 said:
On filthy commercial carpets, we use our RX 20 to clean, but we are having problems with it leaving 'stripes' in commercial glue down carpets. We find the same thing with our Rotovac 360i in filthy residential carpets. Is there a way to avoid this or remove them?

The key to RX'ing is the final SLOW overlapping dry strokes. Do you use glides on your RX? My big problem was the regular Rotovac on commercial GD carpet with irregular floors.

GeneMiller said:
Daniel the thing you are missing in the equation is to what level of clean. you can certainly wand a carpet faster. i only use the rotary when a carpet is really dirty and then the rotary is faster. you could still wand it faster but it won't be as clean.

gene

I agree with that. I did one that was very nasty and it cleaned so easy. It would have taken a lot longer with the wand. I had to change the filters three times. It's amazing how much crap this rotary pulls out. But overall a wand is much faster. Sometimes a rotary is faster. I guess it depends on the job. I just move at a nice moderate pace making sure to rinse everything good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom