sales person job description

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Similar to the question that Ben recently asked. I was wondering if anyone had a job description for a sales person. Looking for someone to attempt to pick up commercial accounts from property managers, apt's, restaurants, etc, as well talk to agents and adjusters for WDR, as well as attend local claims meetings and outings related to this.

Interested in pay, hours that they should be getting stuff done in, etc.

Thanks!

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I don't mean to be even remotely offensive - but if you yourself do not have the position defined - you are going to waste a lot of wages figuring it out. It's something you can and should already have done prior to bringing someone in. Unless you are looking for someone that can define and develop the position, then effect it - but obviously that comes at a cost, additional time and $

Define the position from beginning to end.
Purchase the tangibles this position will require.
Identify who exactly you will market to, and devise a plan as to how you will reach them.
Get your marketing materials prepped and in place.
Set reasonable sales goals.

When you have done this - you'll basically have your job description.

Unless you specifically seek someone with commercial janitorial / or carpet cleaning sales - you aren't likely to find someone that has as much knowledge as you do about your market, and how to best sell your services.

Lastly, make sure you can afford another person who isn't directly producing dollars every hour on the clock. Sales and marketing folks aren't guaranteed to bring in a dollar like a technician is. My rule of thumb is that if I can't afford to add a non-field person's pay rate for a 6 month period without them adding a dime to my coffers - I can;t afford them at that time.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Don't have anyone in place at the moment. Im just scratching the surface into adding an individual to the company for sales. Hence the question, I have an idea of what I want them to do, just was looking for other ideas and to make sure I;m not overlooking anything.

I do appreciate the run down on where to start, it will be helpful. But like I was saying, interested in what other's are currently having their sales people do as well.

Thanks

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I can tell you when i did it they paid me $400 week, commission, gas card, single health ins.

Over time we cut back the salary and increased the % of commission.
But that was for commercial cleaning contracts where the cycle is a little longer. Plus i had to manage whatever jobs i sold.

Reactions: Beeks

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Pay a % of what they sell in commission. The person is going to have to be educated, more than likely, go out on jobs with you and see how you clean. If someone is willing to take the time to do that and be paid commission, than you have a keeper. They will be more motivated to go out and sell your services, as its the only way they will produce anything for themselves/

Reactions: tmdry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom