Sanitaire or strap dusting

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
Can someone explain exactly how a Sanitaire upright with a beater bar for dusting rugs works any differently than say an Oreck? Does it still operate like a traditional vaccum and suck the dirt up or does it somehow just beat out the dirt? Is there a reason why I only hear about Sainitaires being used like this or can this be done with any upright? Trying to decide if I should go this route or just buy a strap dusting machine. Thanks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I never dusted rugs with my old sanitaire, but my Royal did a fantastic job when I dusted rugs upside down, due to the weight of the head of it. Since the sanitaire is so much lighter, I don't see how it could compare to it. I've never used a kirby, but it has the same weight, so it might be just as aggressive as the Royal.

Name
Matt Ross
The old sanitair tombstone stylenmetal vacs are cheap and use an actual metal beater bar on the brush roll. Plus the vacuum motors are very large and move tons of cfm, but not much lift. All that makes for really good small particle removal in theory.
But in the real world I cant see how it would be that different than an oreck. Mabye slightly better but either way it's not a rug plant.

Ron K

The reason I don't comment on the hard surface forum is because I don't
know anything about it, maybe...
As far as the original question some Sanitare vacuums have a beater bar not a
brush roll, the vibration of the beater bar vibrates dry grit/soil out because you
do this procedure pile side down . it is very very effective not at all efficient.
If you clean enough rugs buy a tumble duster. to get out as much dust/dry particulate as possible you should also pre-wash and post-wash dust.
I bought a strap duster then saw red and sold it.

Reactions: Donwand

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I remember saying on the old ICS board that a strap duster wasn't as good as a vacuum with a beater bar on many types of rugs. I'm sure other uprights work well too.

Oh, The VibraGroomer 1 bar to be all "knuckles" doesn't work well at all

Reactions: Mikey P

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Do your own comparative testing I have all the stuff I'm telling you the standard bar works great

Reactions: sweendogg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom